Software Engineering Manager - Platform - (Hybrid) 1145283
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Engineering Manager - Platform
We are expanding its world class development team and is looking for a Software Engineering Manager for our Cloud File Storage Software Platform. The environment is: Platform, Linux, DevOps, Python Services, K8s, Containers
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and drive our innovative solution and contribute to cutting-edge Cloud Storage technology. This is a great role for an accomplished manager, mentor, and coach who uses critical thinking and data to drive improvements in the company product development process and technology.
As the Software Engineering Manager for our Platform team, you will....
- Lead a team of experienced and accomplished software engineers
- Provide direction and feedback to enable everyone to achieve individual and team objectives
- Serve as coach and mentor for Platform team members
- Grow our Cloud Edge Appliance engineering team by acquiring talent and supporting high morale of the team
- Establish and align Platform engineering objectives within our engineering organization
- Monitor ongoing process and performance of the team
- Drive results with clearly defined priorities, effective resource allocation, and communication of goals
- Coordinate design and architecture for platform components of the Cloud Edge and NMC Appliances
- Champion software development best practices and standards to achieve the highest code quality and performance
- Ensure the effective allocation and utilization of engineering resources in accordance with established budgets
- Maintain operational relationships with external stakeholders including Customer Success and Product Management, in ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Work with customer support to address escalations and participate in the on-call rotation for production issues and escalations
Skills + experience we look for are...
- 7+ years of product development in storage, database, security, backup, recovery, or distributed computing
- 4+ years as a Manager in an Agile environment or other relevant leadership experience
- Experience designing and building enterprise software that runs on Linux.
- Familiarity with Agile@Scale software development processes.
- Experience using the latest software tools including JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GitHub
Highly desired skills
- Development/Troubleshooting experience on storage products
- Understanding of filesystems and file server protocols (SMB, NFS, FTP)
- Scripting with Bash/PowerShell
- Use of cryptographic tools/libraries
- Windows Active Directory and/or LDAP, Kerberos
- Exposure to Cloud Storage backend integration with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Other high-level languages including Golang, Java, or Perl
Get fresh Senior Platform Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.