Axiom Materials, Inc. Santa Ana, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Engineer is a key supporting role in the QA Department, with a focus on ensuring the ongoing compliance of Axiom’s Quality Management System through direct support of the Quality Manager, and the Quality Systems Specialist. The position supports monitoring, verifying, and maintaining compliance in areas including physical equipment, change management, internal and customer specifications, testing documentation, along with direct management of the Quality Concerns system and associated corrective action. Ideal candidate will be a proven self-starter, who is detail oriented and desires upward mobility. Potential for growth/leadership is expected.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the essential functions of the position, which are listed in no particular order:
· Assist with installation and configuration and maintenance of LIMs (Laboratory Information System)
· Management of Raw Materials Inspection, including responsibility for approval, and logging of raw materials for production use, maintenance of vendor certification, and associated implementation and management of Materials Procurement Specifications (MPS), and dissemination of raw material details to the MPS.
· Contract review support for the Quality Systems Specialist, including direct review of customer purchase orders, maintenance of customers specifications, quality clauses and T&C’s. along with dissemination of customer specification and requirements to certification templates as part of the configuration management process.
· Responsibility for the maintenance of Axiom Test Standards, and support of the Technical Department in the creation of new standards when required.
· Support QE Team with measuring and monitoring equipment across the organization, including logging and maintenance of equipment status reports, calibration and associated records, and purchasing of new or replacement equipment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Person as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) due to export-controlled information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a standing position. This would require the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds. Ability to wear a NIOSH approved respirator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
Preferred Experience & Skills
· 3-5 years professional experience as Quality Engineer or Process Engineer
· Database Management experience
· MSA, Gauge R&R experience
· Manufacturing, Prepreg or Composites experience a plus
· Laboratory experience a plus
· Bilingual a plus (English & Spanish)
· Technical Capacity
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Communication Proficiency (Written & Verbal)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Axiom Materials, Inc.Why Work Here?
Growing company with great benefits and career growth!
We are a forward-thinking, composite materials company committed to partnering with customers to provide advanced material solutions.