- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Company Name: Axiom Electronics
- Company Website: www.axiomsmt.com
- Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- City: Hillsboro
- Country: United States
- State/Province: Oregon
- Zip/Postal Code: 97006
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus after 90 days!
Under direct supervision, provides assistance in the performance of various routines purchasing assignments and planning of production materials. Assists in the procurement of supplies, raw materials, and equipment necessary for the operations of the organization. Checks demand, requisitions, contacts suppliers, examines bids, and initiates contracts. Exercises a good working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at prices consistent with quality and quantity requirements. Plans, schedules, and monitors materials through production. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedule and coordinates the efficient movement of materials through outsourced production cycles (e.g. tinning, conformal coat, programming, etc.). Evaluates supplier reliability based on OTIF, Quality, and Service levels. This position must perform these responsibilities with an awareness of all ISO and departmental requirements.
Purchase parts required for production, ensuring assigned cost reduction goals are proactively addressed/achieved and accurately reported as required.
- Timely, accurate and thorough purchase order input and associated administration.
- Fully understand customer purchase agreements related to area of responsibility.
- Purchase parts from suppliers approved by Axiom and/or customers.
- Arrange timely delivery and follow-up on critical orders.
- Demonstrate mastery of Excel (i.e. formula writing, understanding complex calculations, etc.).
- Ability to understand general manufacturing operations steps to aid in make/buy decisions.
- Minimize excess and obsolete inventory through effective management and review of ordering parameter and execution of Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI), dock-to-stock (JIT), Bonded, etc.
Provide quote support for customer requirements:
- Received from customer-supplied bills of material and AVLs through CalcuQuote (CQ).
- Provide response within specific materials quote service level agreements (SLA) time frames of 5 business days.
Negotiate with key suppliers: (under supervision from Director of Supply Chain/Supply Chain Manager or immediate manager)
- Concentrate on cost and cost reduction potential, acceptable delivery schedules, and acceptable quality.
- Price and delivery issues.
- New and/or soon to be obsolete parts.
- Long term purchase agreements, contracts, LOIs.
- Act as liaison for the company as required.
Ensure participation and contribution to facilitate ISO goals/objectives, specifically those related to the Purchasing elements.
Follow all applicable procedures and work instructions including:
- Conduct periodic review of PO's adherence to customer flow downs to suppliers, and PO "value" approvals (management approval was received prior to issuance of PO).
- Attend, facilitate, and contribute to meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge base for the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Two years related experience. Prefer this experience in electronic industry.
- Can demonstrate expertise and experience with manufacturing planning through ERP planning systems.
- Professional level communications/presentation skills. (written and oral)
- Ability to read and interpret AVLs, bills of material, electromechanical drawings, and component data sheets.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent.
- Computer Skills - Proficiency with spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronics components.
- Knowledge of purchasing including purchasing laws and contracts laws.
Axiom Electronics, LLC
Get fresh Website Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!