Engineering Laboratory Technician
Axiom is seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the National Weather Service's Surface and Upper Air Division's mission by supporting the Quality Management Team through technical assistance in the Pressure Standards Laboratory, Hygrothermometry, Wind Tunnel, and the Environmental Chamber Laboratory.
- Coordinate the use of testing and calibration assets in conjunction with Test Program Managers, Program Leads, and the Quality Lead, which includes providing weekly updates to the government client on testing and calibration schedules within the laboratories.
- Assist the Quality Lead and Laboratory Manager in ensuring all laboratory assets for testing and calibration cycles are maintained and calibrated, either internally or externally, including tracking, shipping, and receiving laboratory assets as part of their maintenance calibration schedules.
- Assist in evaluating reference sensors or implementing new technology that will be utilized in the Pressure Standards Laboratory, Hygrothermometry Laboratory, Wind Tunnel Laboratory, and the Environmental Chamber Laboratory.
- When necessary, assist with testing and calibration cycles, which includes but is not limited to helping in the setup, taking down, starting, or monitoring a test or calibration cycle.
- Develop and implement testing and calibration configurations within each laboratory, including creating test stands, designing test setup configurations, and creating wiring diagrams for reference sensors.
- Assist in developing safety procedures and protocols as they pertain to laboratory tests and calibrations, which includes but is not limited to assisting in creating safety guidelines for working, secondary, and primary reference standards.
- Coordinate with vendors and other technicians for in-depth repairs on laboratory equipment, assist when necessary.
- Assist in creating procedures for preventative maintenance and laboratory upkeep for the Pressure Standards Laboratory, Hygrothermometry Laboratory, Environmental Chamber Laboratory, and the Wind Tunnel Laboratory that adhere to best practices.
- Perform quality control checks on equipment and instrumentation, which includes but is not limited to conducting prescribed environmental chamber testing cycles as a means to evaluate the long-term performance of the systems and their reference sensors. These quality control checks consist of performing control charting, as the Quality Management team sees fit, for laboratory processes.
- Trade school/trade license minimum of 3 or more years of related experience building maintenance technology or relevant field or a certification in Engineering Technology from a community college or vocation-technical school.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures.
- Effective problem- solving abilities with written and verbal communication skills.
- Compliance with health/safety procedures and regulations.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Legally eligible to work in the USA.
Axiom offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance and matching 401(k) contribution.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Axiom ConsultantsSterling, VA
HealthcareView All Axiom Consultants Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.