At Axiom Bank, you will be part of a diverse team in an environment that promotes collaboration, accountability, respect, and high ethical standards. We encourage you to aim for the sky and leverage your expertise and passion to excel. You’ll also have opportunities to help improve the communities we have been serving since 1963. Axiom Bank is a growing, dynamic organization – this is an exciting time to get on board and Become part of our growth story!
Our innovative in-store branch model makes working at Axiom Bank unlike the experience at any other traditional banking institution. Set in a retail environment, our bankers are empowered to engage with customers, developing relationships that impact lives and strengthen communities.
The Assistant Branch Manager will work with the Branch Manager to establish a culture of outstanding customer service. Under the guidance of the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will be responsible for building relationships with customers and leading the Branch team. The incumbent will assist customers with account openings, servicing requests and teller duties as needed while providing prompt, friendly, courteous and accurate service according to the bank’s playbook. He or she will sell the features and benefits of all products and services while meeting the needs of the customer and ensure that security and audit procedures are followed as outlined by bank policy. Maintains a high standard of service excellence and ensures accuracy of transactions processed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Assistant Branch Manager’s Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively sell, promote and explain all products and services offered, cross-sell related products and services with emphasis on establishing multiple account relationships with clients.
- Provide operational support to the staff, including check authorization and resolution of customer issues.
- Employee performance issues, and scheduling hours and work.
- Responsible for conducting sales meetings in the absence of the branch manager.
- Identify new banking customers and grow relationships with existing customers through social interactions within the store along with outbound calls, marketing displays and other prospecting techniques
- Getting involved with local organizations and participating in local community events to expand Axiom Bank’s relationships within the community.
- Process new accounts, maintenance requests and loan applications, ensuring documents are properly collected and processed and that collateral loans are secured.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent activity. Ensures the application of, and compliance with regulation, bank policies, procedures, and operational integrity
- Follow company policies as directed to assure proper records are maintained and losses prevented.
- Cultivate relationships with the store associates to garner referrals of customers within and outside the facility.
Supervision of Personnel
- Indirect - Branch employees
- Typically an in-store environment. Ability to work in a small area, and interact face-to-face with customer over a four-foot counter for an extended period of time. Ability to lift boxes of coin and money drawers weighing up to 30 lbs. Ability to retrieve and replace safe deposit boxes weighing up to 30 lbs., height up to 6 feet. Ability to reach over counter to help customers. Ability to reach upper cabinets for supplies. Ability to access facility. Ability to move through retail store to speak with customers. Ability to operate and read computer terminal screen. This is a full time position in a retail setting which is open six days per week. Work will be performed at the assigned location. Rotating shifts will be required.
- Travel may be required with this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
- One-year supervisory experience
- Two years’ progressive retail banking experience.
- Retail experience and in store banking experience preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail, and interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to coach others
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude—ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to help customers with their transaction, and balance teller drawer
- Computer proficiency including MS Office suite, and ability to use core process teller and customer transactions, and balancing
- Write in a clear and concise manner in order to compose memoranda and complete various bank documents and forms
- Ability to handle teller transactions
- Ability to use verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and other employees via phone and in person
- Ability to provide work direction and coach others
- Proven sales record; demonstrated strong interest in sales
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Other Duties -Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these tasks. If you need an accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
AXIOM BANK - Supporting communities. Improving lives. Working together toward your future.
At Axiom Bank, we believe in working together for a brighter future. Through our environment of collaboration and camaraderie, we offer a uniquely fun and rewarding place to develop your career. Axiom Bank is headquartered in Maitland, Florida and has over 20 branch locations, with most branches located inside select Walmart Supercenters®.
We believe in the value of promoting a healthy work/life balance and are committed to recognizing the role everyone plays in our ongoing success through competitive benefits, as well as the guidance you need to learn new skills and shape our business and future. We proudly offer the following benefits to our Full Time Employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life, AD&D Insurance, Plus 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Axiom Bank are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Axiom Bank does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Axiom Bank will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
It is the policy of Axiom Bank to conduct background, credit reference and drug screening tests as a condition of employment. Drug Free Workplace. EOE/AA/Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran.
To be considered, all applications for employment must be submitted through the Axiom Bank Job board, https://www.axiombanking.com/about-us/careers/
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- If currently an Axiom Bank employee, you must have been in your current position for a minimum of 1 year, have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job performance requirement.
Axiom Bank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Axiom Bank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers in any form without valid written search agreement executed by an Authorized Officer at Axiom Bank for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Axiom and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.