Acquisition Policy and Process Analyst
Axient is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Acquisition Policy and Process Analyst to support the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space Acquisition and Integration (SAF/SQ) in Arlington, VA. SAF/SQ has overall responsibility for Department of the Air Force (DAF) space systems acquisition and architectures oversight as well as integration of allied, civil, and commercial space capabilities into United States Space Force (USSF) architectures. These responsibilities are carried out in close collaboration with the Chief of Space Operations (CSO) and the USSF staff. SAF/SQ also serves as the Space Service Acquisition Executive (SAE) and oversees and directs the activities of the Space Rapid Capabilities Office (SpRCO), Space Systems Command (SSC), and the Space Development Agency (SDA). SAF/SQ's guiding objectives are to (1) drive speed into space acquisitions, (2) make our space architecture more resilient, (3) integrate our space architecture with other war fighting domains, (4) drive program management discipline across our acquisitions, and (5) ensure that space and ground acquisitions are time phased to optimize operational availability. Achieving these objectives requires a workforce with broadly diverse and deep skills in system engineering, acquisition oversight, program management, architecture analysis, program planning and budgeting, and executive level communications and support.
The Acquisition Policy and Process Analyst supports the SAF/SQ organization by developing and implementing policy and processes to support the DAF space and DoD acquisition oversight processes. The Acquisition Policy and Process Analyst establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the organization both internally and externally. The selected candidate should thrive in a work environment with high expectations and be able to manage diverse assignments with attention to details.
- Supporting Space Acquisition Executive (SAE) oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts of space systems.
- Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on requirements, space acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
- Providing honest broker assessments of policy compliance for space programs approaching milestone decisions.
- Tracking for compliance with stated program direction and identify issues.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations on existing and proposed space acquisition and capability area policies and implementation.
- Reviewing and evaluating the impact of national, DOD, JCS, and civil government policies and activities that affect space acquisition programs and capability areas.
- Maintaining historical space acquisition policy and process documentation and developing summary documents/briefings and training material.
- Providing short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USAF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), coalition, and international activities.
- Supporting the HAF review process - Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessment (JWCAs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports, etc.
- Performing the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
- Reviewing and documenting Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Monitoring on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to space acquisition policy.
- Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties listed above and as coordinated with the COR.
- Must have an active TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Available for at least 50% in-person support at the Pentagon.
- Experience working on the HQ DAF staff, acquisition organization staff, or in a program management role.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan, track, and maintain due dates for multiple tasks and products central to the organization's business processes.
- Exemplary writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environments while maintaining flexibility and versatility.
- Experience working successfully with senior executives at multiple organizational levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office and other standard computer applications.
- Experience fostering stable and productive working relationships that communicate expectations and promote cooperation.
- Experience communicating effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with personnel at all levels of the customer organization to deliver results; strong networking, interpersonal, and customer service skills are key.
#CJEmployment Type: OTHER
Axient, LLCArlington, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.