Title: IT Business Jr. Analyst
IT JR. Business Analyst is a person who understands business change needs, assesses the business impact of those changes, capture, analyzes and documents requirements and supports the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The IT Business Analyst is responsible for providing research, modeling, analysis, and guidance using operations research and data science techniques. The Business Analyst produces financial and operational reports and analyzes business performance metrics to reveal trends, correlations, dependencies, and gain other insights. In addition, the analyst monitors results, elicits requirements for projects or business systems, provides documentation for those business systems, and conducts cost-benefit analysis. Individuals act as a liaison between the business users and technologists. These individuals have a good understanding of both business requirements and of technology and are able to explain the business needs to the technologist and can "translate " technological terms and concepts to the business users/clients. Responsibilities may also include maintaining documentation requirements.
- The role requires exceptional organizational and communication technique combined with broad analytical skills. Experience with large data analysis and financial industry is preferred.
- Provide effective metrics reporting on performance & data quality/integrity.
- Enforce the GPA application support operation excellence principle and governance
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Intermediate experience in a Business Analysis role.
- Demonstrated strong execution capabilities.
- Solid financial analysis experience with ability to examine, analyze, and reconcile large amounts of financial data
- Familiar with Client's blue $ and green $ accounting
- Excellent attention to detail with proven ability to work successfully under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
- Ability to problem solve independently and deliver solutions to management
- Excellent computed based skills with strong aptitude in Excel
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, with the ability to function effectively in high pressure environment
- Proficient in the use of the following: JIRA, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Proven business analysis experience on medium to large projects within a Risk, Finance or Front Office environment.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting practices, regulations and cost center management
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Assertive with ability to influence others.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a team and adapt style to ensure the project is successful.
- A self-starter who can proactively engage with peers and clients to ensure timely completion of deliverables.