Writes, edits, or revises a variety of technical, user documentation such as reports, Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) presentations, and/or manuals for a wide range of uses. Collaborates with instructional designers, programmers, engineers, and/or product management during design phase to gain an understanding of the product. Analyzes requirements of project to determine types of publications needed. Ensures accuracy and completeness of technical documentation. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills and an understanding of programming concepts and IMI development. May provide guidance to lower level personnel. Provides support and assists with other functions and projects as requested.
- Interacts with client on all matters pertaining to the Task
- Creates reports, reviews storyboards and other IMI products for spelling, grammar and content accuracy, within timeframe given with little or no supervision
- Assists in the design and development of strategies and content
- Keeps Project Manager informed of potential/actual issues, concerns or problems that may impact the schedule, costs or quality of products and services
- Creates, edits, and maintains technical documentation for current and future applications i.e., technical reference manuals and production control manuals
- Researches and evaluates new documentation tools and methods; documents and improves documentation processes
- Maintains documentation standards and keeps abreast of current information by associating with professional individuals or societies or by reviewing professional publications, newsletters, e-mail, and Web sites
- Assists Project Manager and the QA/QC Manager with projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism in a related degree
4 years of writing experience in a corporate, educational, or journalistic capacity
Knowledge of a variety of software packages to include but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with using styles and style guides
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to manage a variety of tasks
Awesome Government Contractor
Why Work Here?
Great CEO with awesome benefits.