- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our Finance team. This person will work directly with the team in applying customer payments and making vendor payments timely and accurately across multiple companies.
The ideal candidate possesses an excellent work ethic, demonstrates a strong attention to detail, is motivated by new challenges, and strives to be constantly learning and improving. This person is a self-starter, deadline-driven, goal-oriented and works well in a fast-paced, team-first, collaborative environment. As this person fulfills a critical role as the first point of contact for customer and vendor issues, strong verbal and written communication skills are vitally important.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Apply customer payments for multiple companies (lockbox, checks, ACHs) against outstanding invoices daily
· Perform collection duties such as distributing customer statements, making phone calls and arranging payment plans as needed
· Electronically deposit daily checks
· Download and save lockbox deposit files daily
· Enter journal entries as required
· Perform customer and vendor account reconciliations as needed
· Issue customer invoices for multiple companies as needed
· Enter vendor invoices for multiple companies as received
· Perform check runs and distribute checks weekly
· Complete bank reconciliations
· Calculate and process ACH payments for various vendors weekly
· Open and distribute company mail daily
· Assist in W-2 preparation and distribution annually
· Complete other assigned duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
· Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not required
· Minimum ability to work from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
· Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events
· 2+ years of progressive, relevant accounting experience
· Hands-on experience with software packages, like Avionte, Sage/PeachTree and QuickBooks
· Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to effective communicate, both orally and in writing, across all company levels
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· Desire to work independently in a fast-paced working environment with little supervision
· Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee must be able to use computer, phones and standard office equipment daily.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. Award Staffing, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace/ EEO employer
Job Type: Full-time Exempt Level
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
Award StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great Company Culture - Star Tribune Top 150 Places to Work for 6 years in a row!
Our Core Values: Work Hard, Have Fun, Be Nice, Team Player. Our Core Focus: Making people's lives better by connecting them through meaningful work.
10700 Lyndale Avenue SouthBloomington, MN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Award Staffing