Landside Operation Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
POSITION: Landside Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Landside Airport Operations Manager (LOM) / Airport Security Coordinator
(ASC) Landside Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: New Haven, CT
AIRPORT: Tweed-New Haven Airport
The Landside Operations Coordinator is a full-time position. This position ensures operational excellence with focus on maintaining the safe and secure operation of landside airport facilities. In addition, this position will assist the Landside Airport Operations Manager (LOM) / Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) in coordinating various aspects of the Airport Security Program. This position may also perform various training duties and functions, while assisting management in creating unparalleled customer service experience for all airport users. May require occasional overtime, with evening and weekend shiftwork. Duties and assignments may change periodically.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
• Assist the LOM/ASC with landside activities associated with the operations, maintenance, and security of the passenger terminal, roadways and walkways, parking lots and pay stations, access control, security systems, and other aspects of landside operations.
• Assist the ALOM/ASC with all aspects of the Airport’s security program.
• Assist the traveling public with keeping vehicle traffic moving, providing basic information about layout, and answering general questions.
• Provide enforcement of Airport / TSA Rules and Regulations.
• Perform regular security inspections of the airport landside facilities, including sterile and secure/SIDA areas.
• Respond to security door alarms and other security related events.
• Identify operational, safety and security concerns, ensuring full resolution to all identified discrepancies.
• Assist with landside construction projects, facility maintenance, and special events.
• Ensure all landside facilities are clean, orderly, and well maintained.
• Assist with removal of all snow and ice from roadways, walkways, and parking lots during assigned shift. May assist airside operations and maintenance crews with snow removal on terminal ramp areas.
• Monitor and respond to the airport access control systems, video surveillance system notifications.
• Conduct inspections of persons, vehicles and goods or merchandise as required per the airport security plan.
• Conduct random security media inspections and various others on a routine basis.
• All other duties as assigned by the Landside Operations Manager or Landside Operations Supervisor.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with management of access control systems to both airport facilities and parking lots.
• Escorting vendors and contractors.
• Inspect / service parking pay station equipment, maintain cash levels, and provide an accounting of monies collected / receipts to Accounting / Management.
• Responsible for proper notification to management of any observed safety concern or violation of airport rules and regulations.
• Assist management with routine maintenance and coordination of airport systems, including communications equipment, security / access control systems, paging systems, phone and computer systems, utility services, etc.
• Completion of on-the-job training assigned by training supervisor monthly.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• The preferred candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in airport operations or security related field or an Associate Degree or greater from an accredited school.
• Must be able to pass security clearance requirements and required drug testing.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license suitable for operation of all administration airport vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. Employee should expect to be on their feet walking around for majority of their shift. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
I hereby acknowledge that I have received and read this Job Description and understand that I should consult the Human Resources Department or management regarding any questions about this position or duties reflected above.
AddressEast Haven, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Avports LLC