- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Avmax, a leader in Aircraft Maintenance, is looking for a skilled Furnishings Technician to join our team. If you have the required skills and you want the chance to become a member of our growing team, please apply.
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of a Furnishings Technician is painting fiberglass and completing composite repair on all aircraft components that are assigned, in a safe, economical and timely fashion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform painting and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of sanding aircraft parts and components.
- Properly clean aircraft parts and components prior to painting.
- Aware of how to mask aircraft parts and components prior to application of coating.
- Working knowledge of aircraft strippers and their use.
- Excellent attention to etching metal and applying chemical conversion coatings.
- Repair and complete modifications on aircraft.
- Working knowledge of lifts, power buffers, arc welders, and spray guns.
- Properly dispose of hazardous waste and following color charts.
- Responsible to report unserviceable equipment to lead/manager.
- Demonstration of safe working practices and techniques.
- Responsible to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE's) as required and pass a respirator fit test physical.
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
- At least two years' experience in the paint application processes.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Work well with little supervision and pay close attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Avmax offers excellent medical, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance, a matching 401K plan and Paid Time Off.
Avmax is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin or sexual orientation. Avmax is a drug free work environment and participates in pre-employment and random alcohol and/or drug screening.
Avmax Group Inc. thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Avmax Montana IncJacksonville, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.