Who are we?
Air Equipment Rental Corp. is your high volume and high pressure specialist who have been in business since 1992 in Painesville, OH. Whether you’re running a low pressure jackhammer or a high pressure hammer drill, supplying a low volume shop or a high volume manufacturing plant, our extensive fleet of air compressors can supply the air you need – anytime and anywhere.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Assistant to support the Operations Manager to join our small close-knit team!
‘Day in the life’:
- Carry out delegated duties
- Maintain bookkeeping records for satellite locations of company
- Process Accounts Receivable (including invoicing, working with customers, end of month reports, collection calls)
- Handle Accounts Payable (including input of invoices from vendors, purchase order evaluating, end of month reports)
- Monthly Debt Schedules per branch
- Monthly Financial Statement evaluation and distribution
- Monthly Depreciation Reports
- Monthly Tax Issues (Sales, Payroll Tax, CAT Tax, etc.)
- And more!
- Ability to complete more complex account reconciliations required
- Intermediate excel skills required; advanced preferred
- Microsoft Great Plains Accounting experience required or other Accounting software i.e. QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc.
- Work with Branch Managers in the process of reviewing and invoicing customers for services rendered, such as for sales, service, rental and/or parts orders. All billing information is maintained in a file folder to provide information in need of future inquiries.
- Attend to any addition billing issues and disputes that may be brought up by the customers. These issues may include but are not limited to:
- Provide invoice copies, tax questions, billing of additional fees such as overtime charges, waivers, protection plans, environmental fees, etc...
- Act as liaison between the customer and the branch to insure that the issues and disputes are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Work with Branch Managers in processing vendor bills for payment, making sure purchase orders match up with billed amount. Need to input bill into computer by accurately putting in correct vendor, billing amount, description of service or part, expense amount, invoice date and due date.
- At the end of the month, balancing for a particular branch office is needed to make sure that all invoicing and checks are received and entered correctly in the accounting system.
- Minimum 3 year of Account Payable, Account Receivable, and Collection
- High School Diploma
- Deals constructively with conflict and responds professionally to customers and team members
- Work quickly, independently and resourcefully with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong work ethic and work well collaboratively within own group of cross functionality to achieve goals
- Detail oriented and work accurately and consistently with a sense of urgency
- Strives to exceed the expectations of external and internal customers. In conjunction with the company interests, acts with the customer's bust interest in mind.
- Demonstrates effect negotiation techniques with customers. Responds appropriately to rate pushback, discounts appropriately and stands ground when needed.
- Opportunity for pay growth!
**This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group.**