The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing the fundamental electrical architectures and schematics that define both new products and product improvements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consult w/ Marketing / Sales / Production / Eng management to define new product requirements.
- Prototype new circuit or circuit variations including designing magnetics and new PCB design.
- Design project specific test scenarios as required.
- Conduct thermal performance analysis of new designs.
- Generate schematics and parts list for new and revised designs.
- Review customer specification documents with sales and customer representative to resolve ambiguities and identify anticipated problems.
- Create design white paper/objectives document describing the design approach for the product
- Review printed circuit board artwork layout against schematic and electrical characteristics.
- Generate specification control drawings for selected, custom or burned-in parts.
- Able to evaluate and analyze existing circuits/designs for electrical performance.
- Generate subassembly and acceptance test procedures.
- Train production groups in the test, troubleshooting and repair of new units.
- Provide source material and consult in developing installation manual and component maintenance manual.
- Provide source material and consult in designing test fixtures and loads.
- Advise production on in-house substitute parts to fill shortages.
- Find, test, and evaluate new parts and / or vendors to replace discontinued parts.
- Conduct Failure Root Cause Analysis for Repair units.
- Provide source material and consult in developing reports and corrective action service bulletins
- Provide source material and consult in developing qualification test plan and / or qualification test procedure and Qualification Test report
- Perform and formally record all testing required by test procedures (ATP and QTP)
- Able to track and coordinate activities as required for successful completion of projects.
- Able to identify and manage external dependencies for project completion.
- Familiar with Project Management software tool(s) and their application to engineering projects.
- Familiar with engineering documentation (including schematics, drawings, and parts lists) and their version control to maintain the integrity of engineering configurations throughout the development (via Build Management procedure) and after their release (via Configuration Management).
- MS degree in electrical engineering with 7 or more years’ experience or equivalently a BS degree in EE with 10 or more year’s relevant experience.
- Expertise in one or more schematic capture software packages.
- The ability to execute circuit simulations in PSPICE or similar software.
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging ability for power conversion electronics
- Highly motivated individual with desire to complete committed tasks on plan and with high quality.
- Comfortable with being held accountable for results.
- Capable of performing multiple tasks.
- Strong at motivating internal personnel in a demanding emerging market and organization model.
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate technical leadership skills.
- Enforcement of company policies, procedures and processes.
- To compose Corrective and/or Preventive Action where applicable.
- Authorized to report problems according to corporate procedures.
- Has the authority to stop the manufacturing process if any unsafe conditions are present.
- To enforce company Safety Requirements and Policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Avionic Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident). Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements.