Global Demand Planner
- Expired: May 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 70 years, Avidity Science has been the global leader in water purification technologies in the biomedical, life sciences and clinical research markets.
We are proud to be a trusted partner to the global science community, delivering high quality, innovative products and unrivaled service. At Avidity Science, what you do matters. Our team of over 375 talented employees around the world each play a vital role in delivering on our Vision of enabling science to improve the quality of life.
Safety, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Collaboration are the values we live every day, around the world. We are passionate about our most important asset - our people, and cultivate an environment that provides development opportunities to grow professionally, and we offer a comprehensive total rewards package for your health and life.
About the Role
The role of the Global Demand Planner is to develop and leverage forecast tools to accurately quantify future product fulfillment demands across a global network. Responsible for in-depth data analytics for reporting performance metrics, identifying opportunities, loss prevention, inventory positioning, and continuous improvement. Works cross-functionally with Sales, Procurement, Operations, and strategic customer/vendor partners to provide a flexible demand plan and ensure inventory positioning and procedures align with corporate objectives.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the sales and operations teams to devise an accurate forecast, then build out a demand plan that details ideal inventory levels, shipping timelines, and all the steps the company needs to take in order to meet demand.
- Gather data from a variety of sources, then assess, interpret, and analyze the data in development of a thorough, accurate, and supportable demand forecast for use in production requirements and financial planning.
- Manage the conversion of aggregate (e.g. sales dollars forecasts, market share projections, new products' launch plans, etc.) inputs into discrete item-level demand forecast.
- Lead Monthly Demand Review (S&OP) meetings to align Sales, Product Managers, Finance, and Operations.
- Drive continuous improvement in forecasting process and methodology.
- Establish and review forecast error metrics
- Take actions to reduce forecast error and bias
- Conduct risk assessments and implement mitigation strategies, including Disaster Recovery Plans
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist regions and functions in understanding resource and capacity constraints.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area following the 5S standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Position Requirements / Preferences
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field and 5+ years experience in a global demand planning role.
- Oracle E-Business Suite ERP experience a plus, particularly with ASCP and Inventory Management modules.
- APICS training / certification preferred.
- Ability to oversee a complex process utilizing teams comprised of cross-functional members operating under stringent time limits.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret large volumes of complex data and delivery accurate forecast solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written business correspondence.
With a combined 70 years of success, Avidity Science is a worldwide leader that maintains the small, family feel within the culture of the company. Offering a competitive benefit package that includes a 401k match and goal sharing bonus, Avidity Science is also community-minded with several charity partnerships and offers employee action committees focused on wellness, community involvement, safety, and ideas for improving business.
To learn more about Avidity Science or to apply online, visit our website at www.AvidityScience.com. If you are unable to apply online, we encourage you to fax or mail resumes to:
Attention: HR Department
819 Bakke Avenue
Waterford, WI 53185-4299
Fax Number: 262-534-5184
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
BusinessView all jobs at Avidity Science