Senior Manager, Marketing Events
AvidXchange is seeking an energetic and high caliber individual to take on an Event Marketing Manager role to manage a highly visible portfolio of events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in working with AvidXchange leaders in product marketing, sales, lead generation, product development and others to develop unique audience centric event experiences that establish AvidXchange as the market leader in the Accounts Payable & Payment Automation Industry. Expertise in project planning and organization, program management, and client communications is desired. The candidate will be an experienced event marketer with a solid understanding of event planning, execution and measurement best practices, knowledge and experience with profit generating event models.
In this role, the Event Marketing Manager will drive thought-leadership events and assist in building the marketing strategy to ensure alignment with key business objectives and Sales and Marketing demand generation efforts. This role supports large-scale customer, prospect and partner events. The Senior Manager manages and executes on major external prospect events and internal corporate events including our annual users conference, large strategic tradeshows and partner events. The successful candidate must be able to focus on the business planning side of events, be an operational leader and “day-to-day” program manager managing event teams, processes, and budgets in the execution of tactics, activities, and details. Must be a team player working collaboratively with sales, marketing, and cross-functional teams.
· Create and own the holistic event marketing strategy aligned to corporate and campaign objectives with accountability for results and outcomes and is supported by a funding model that provides the required ROI back to the organization
· Lead the planning of events, aligned to overall campaign strategies, including event strategy and objectives, new event ideas, planning, execution, and event recaps
· Lead, develop and grow a high-performing team of event coordinators as a strong business resource, ensuring scalability, efficient work-load balancing, fiscal responsibility, and employee engagement
· Foster an environment of inspired, collaborative and trusting individuals who are held to exceptionally high standards of performance
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop comprehensive event strategies and associated metrics that drive to performance based outcomes and maximize the business investment
· Exercise strong fiscal discipline by managing an overall budget at the program and event levels
· Connect event strategy to revenue goals, and manage the event team to reach those goals, working with event coordinators to ensure budgets are updated and accurate on an ongoing basis
· Review and approve event reconciliations done by event coordinators and conduct post event analysis to review revenue/expense and attendee data
· Communicate event results/analysis to internal stakeholders in a timely manner
· Continually drive and enhance the end-to-end client experience, ensuring that all attendee touch points, from the initial invitation to the on-site event experience, are delivered with the highest level of quality and consistency, creativity and differentiation.
· Event program planning and execution expert who can understand strategy, take initiative, think outside the box and drive additional value to AvidXchange’s event marketing programs.
· Create and work within existing budgets, build forecasts for spend and reconcile invoices post-event.
· Must have strong tactical execution skills and expertise to drive successful external prospect events and internal corporate events with the highest level of operational excellence.
· Highly experienced in contract negotiation and supplier management.
· 7+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
· 4+ years experience managing and motivating cross functional teams using effective matrix management methodologies.
· Act as main event lead on annual users conference of 500+ attendees.
· Ability to lead, coordinate, execute and grow the AvidXchange annual users conference.
· Manage users conference website content, speakers, on-site logistics, user experience, design elements and more.
· Relay company strategies to event team and incorporate them in to overall event goals that support multiple campaigns.
· Lead, coach and support team of event managers.
· Ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and direction of event objectives and goals to all levels of the organization.
· Proven ability build relationships with sales, operations, digital marketing, branding, partners, product marketing and executive teams.
· Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
· A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Experience leveraging sales and marketing automation systems for event management and attendee tracking such as Cvent, Guidebook, Eventbrite, etc.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce, Hubspot, etc.
· Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
· Experience working on large scale (5k+ attendee) events.
· Experience growing event attendance by 20%.
· Proven track record of managing event ROI and event success.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Accounting System Software knowledge preferred.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.