SVP, Head of Marketing
Typically Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture, and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
The SVP, Head of Marketing will oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop its marketing strategy and vision. You will oversee a team of enthusiastic marketing professionals and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success. We are looking for a leader that is comfortable in a results-based culture and who will be an active and accountable member of the executive management team
- Define marketing strategies to support AvidXchange’s overall strategies and objectives
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (branding, communications, PR, demand generation, and digital), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Set aggressive yet achievable current & long-term goals for internal teams that directly support our revenue goals
- Oversee segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence
- Develop and implement a high-impact marketing plan to increase top-and-bottom line performance of AvidXchange’s products and services, across all verticals and channels
- Improve brand awareness and engage in the end to end ownership of AvidXchange’s positioning in the market place (brand identity, content strategy, SEO optimization, etc.)
- Implement best practices in marketing and pipeline development to fully leverage investments.
- Direct internal product marketing team, to firmly establish the company’s products and solutions in key markets we serve.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a dynamic team of over 30 talented teammates, insuring output of the highest standard
- Optimize marketing spend across all channels to achieve brand awareness, sales, and profitability goals.
- Lead the partnership with our external agency and PR firm.
Areas of Impact:
- Focus on leading not managing: Set clear direction, bring people with you & deliver results
- Work in collaboration with demand gen to attain an optimal marketing mix and to optimize resources to maximize market impact
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience developing high level marketing and brand strategy in line with the company’s strategic vision
- Track record of results-oriented achievement and successful strategy execution in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing required (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising
- 5+ Years SaaS or B2B services space digital marketing management experience
- Have thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management, sales and business development; along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance
- Are able to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives.
- Demonstrated success with growing and scaling Marketing operations
- A strong track record of high-impact leadership with a focus on team-building, problem-solving and cross functional collaboration
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills, with the ability to deliver on return on marketing investment
- Superior communications skills (verbal and written), executive presence and successful track record recruiting and developing talent