Avid Marketing Grp. Rocky Hill, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Director, Accounting will be responsible for planning, directing & modernizing the accounting & finance operations of the company. These responsibilities will include leading a staff of two or more in handling the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of the company.. This hands-on position is also responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, vendor payments, and client billing.
The Director, Accounting will create and maintain AMG’s annual budget, cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices, and business financial analytics. The Director, Accounting will analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to senior leadership as needed to help improve the company’s ongoing operating and financial performance. The Director, Accounting of AMG must possess the ability to adjust from strategic direction to tactical administration as required in work in a small business setting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to*:
· Is a key player on a team of Partners and VP’s that leads the financial aspects of the business from the highest level of strategic planning to the execution and implementation of those plans
· Oversees all accounting system controls and standards
· Ensures timely and accurate financial and accounting related reports for senior leadership
· Is the accounting team leader, responsible for motivating his/her team, addressing areas of need, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team
· Oversees training programs and identifies training needs
· Recommends and reports on benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s
· Maintains financial security by developing, implementing, and enforcing internal accounting controls
· Maintains Agency Chart of Accounts
· Leads the development of new reports and analysis as needs arise or are requested by company Partners, operations teams, and Clients
· Bids and negotiates contract pricing for vendors as needed
· Ensures compliance with state and local governments
· Collects sensitive PPI and maintains protected consumer information regarding Sweepstakes awards, while following SOC II compliance and company standards
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
· Actively Seeks out opportunities for cost savings and financial/operating efficiencies
· Oversees the vendor billing function to ensure invoicing is completed accurately and on time
· Prepares cost accounting records such as subcontracting, sales costs, and compares actuals to estimates
· Works with external auditors & contractors and provides needed information for auditing
· Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Controller Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· MBA or CPA – preferred, or commensurate level of similar industry experience
· 5-7 years of accounting experience in a leadership role
· Has the ability to effectively work with multiple V.P. and Partner level executives
· Expert in Quickbooks Online Accounting and Reporting Software
· Familiar with Workfront Management Software (integrates with Quickbooks)
· Expert skill level in Microsoft office, primarily Excel
· Excellent communication skills- written & verbal
· Excellent management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent Organizational & Time Management Skills
· Must maintain confidentiality
· Must have attention to detail and thoroughness
· Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Able to travel as needed.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.