The Pharmacy Technician performs technical duties in the preparation, packaging and distribution of pharmaceuticals; performs a variety of duties related to inventory control, record keeping, and customer service; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Pharmaceutical terminology
- Characteristics, strengths, and dosage forms of pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical systems of weights, measures and calculations
- Operation and care of pharmacy equipment
- Pharmaceutical procedures and techniques
- Inventory control procedures
- Laws, rules and regulations governing technician activities and the handling and storage of pharmaceuticals including controlled substances
- Read, understand and apply laws rules and regulations related to pharmacy practice
- Count, pour and mix with accuracy, precision and speed
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail under pressure from time, people or situations
- Perform basic mathematical computations
- Operate office machines and equipment used in the course of the work such as personal computers utilizing email, word processing, database, or pharmacy software; and pharmaceutical equipment including automatic dispensing machine, packing machine and counting machine
- Use basic weighing and measuring devices used in filling prescriptions
- Type drug labels accurately
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, physicians, nurses and the public
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse public
Current certificate of registration as a Pharmacy Technician from the California State Board of Pharmacy.
Must be available to work various days as well as various hours if needed.
Avid Healthcare Services