Avex is a New York City based creative, technology and e-commerce optimization agency. As one of NYC's premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, HUGO BOSS, Undefeated, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Starter, O'Neill, Reem Acra, 88Rising, Badgley Mischka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We're a small, but growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team.
Who we looking for:
Ok, we'll stop bragging...Let's talk about you!
Avex is seeking a director of operations (fully remote) who will help improve and optimize our digital agency as we scale. Since we are a small (yet growing) team, this role will take on a handful of key responsibilities. Primarily: improving the agency’s operations, processes, allocation of resources and documentation of such systems. As well as, employee and team happiness, some HR responsibilities and ensuring each project remains profitable.
Most importantly: We need someone who can bring new and fresh ideas and processes to the table. Someone who will tell us what to do. We are not looking for someone to accomplish tasks or needs to be micromanaged.
Experience and skills:
- Team management of a creative, marketing or technology agency
- Experience w/ contracts, budgets, timelines, resources, and staffing
- Identifying ways to improve systems and process
- Managing developer and designer resources, both internal and remote freelancers
- Work well with people and understand how to make their jobs easier
- Negotiating and/or dealing with client requests
- Timeline management
- Passion for, and understanding of E-commerce, Design & Technology
- Project management capabilities
- Work directly with account managers and CEO to oversee agency operations
- Improve agency profitability through resource management, budgeting and streamlining systems
- Identify when to hire freelancers, contractors or new team members
- Collaborate with CEO to improve agency operations
- Oversee and work alongside project managers to plan resources and utilization of staff
- Manage / document processes and hold team members, including the CEO, accountable
- Assist with project scope creation and creating estimates
- Sending contracts and SOWs to clients
- Work with bookkeeper to ensure invoices are paid
- Oversee time tracking and reporting for all team members
- Track project profitability. Create reports and present problems/solutions to the CEO
- Track project milestones and deadlines for key accounts
- Identify problems with the agency and ideas on how to fix them
- Engage with clients to ensure they are happy with our services
- Engage with employees to ensure they are happy with their jobs
- Oversee our relationships with partner companies
We are looking for team members to contribute, improve and optimize our process, as well as bring new ideas and strategies to client projects.
- At least 3+ years agency or client services experience
- Operations or team management experience a MUST
- E-commerce and/or web development experience preferred
- Know how to “talk the talk” with designers and developers.
- Exceptional communication or organizational skills
- Proficient in Google Apps, Teamwork, Slack, Harvest and other project management tools
Huge plus if you have:
- Shopify or Magento experience
- Wordpress Experience
- Basic web development knowledge
- Salary based on experience
- Remote / WFH options
- 20 Paid days off. No sick day limit. Paid holidays
- Career development opportunities (workshops, classes, mentorship)
- Team lunches / dinners
- Atena Healthcare
- CitiBike Membership (NYC only)
- Commuter Benefits. (NYC Only)
- Free coffee, tea, flavored water
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more at: https://avexdesigns.com