About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through Intelligent Labels and RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison are leaders within the connected products age focussed on transforming the industries that we serve and enabling a better future for all. Avery Dennison’s intelligent labels bridge the material and the digital to help companies across a diverse range of industries bring any item to digital life. They infuse otherwise non-digital items with a unique digital identity so that companies can connect them to the internet and capture a huge range of benefits. For more information, visit www.rfid.averydennison.comJob Description
The Regional Commercial Leader advances sales activities and brings the Avery Dennison value proposition to life at retailers and brand owners in the Southeast US primarily. The role includes motivating and developing a sales and custom product development team of 13 through 7 direct reports and involves advocating for our customers’ needs and wants inside Avery Dennison. Key success measures include profitable growth at new and existing accounts, sales initiative results, and employee engagement. The work is done in a high-trust, can-do, ‘winning everywhere’ environment. The role collaborates with global peers, product management, business development, creative, operation sites, supply chain, finance, and leadership. Results are delivered by having broad sales and business development experience, expert-level negotiation skills, and the ability to build strategic customer relationships.
- Work with account teams to create strategies that include elements of products, services, and solutions within 120 days of start date; coach and develop account teams as they execute the corresponding tactical plan
- Facilitate joint business planning and customer-focused, global initiatives
- Link Avery Dennison capabilities with customer needs and wants
- Present and effectively communicate how products and services will help achieve customer goals
- Present sales capability training modules for internal, global teams
- Manage sales, profitability, and pipeline to target metrics; forecast and report-out
- Gain support from operation sites and supply chain upon securing a major program or when quality or service is disrupted
- Develop influential relationships at multiple levels within the customer
- Bring insights, trends, and market segment information from both buyer (retailer/brand owner) and user (manufacturing factories of retailer/brand owner) perspectives to the appropriate parties to drive growth in the Southeast US
- Develop organizational plans for the Southeast US through the evaluation of cost-to-serve models and customer needs
- 5+ years selling and sales leadership experience; industry experience preferred
- Strong product knowledge in point-of-sale, woven, printed fabric, heat transfer, and variable data solutions is beneficial
- Skilled in analyzing sales and market segment data, developing strategies to capture market share, and offering new products and services that match customer needs and wants
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Able to use SF.com and Google apps efficiently and effectively
- Overnight travel estimated to be 40%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.