About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through Intelligent Labels and RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison are leaders within the connected products age focussed on transforming the industries that we serve and enabling a better future for all. Avery Dennison’s intelligent labels bridge the material and the digital to help companies across a diverse range of industries bring any item to digital life. They infuse otherwise non-digital items with a unique digital identity so that companies can connect them to the internet and capture a huge range of benefits. For more information, visit www.rfid.averydennison.comJob Description
This position plays a key role in coordinating and executing the RFID Global Production Development based on input from Sales, Market Development, Project/Product Managers, Engineering, Product Development and customers to the process owners in RFID global manufacturing sites. The Global Development Lab Technician will drive and execute the final development stages of completing Data Approval/Integrity Test Documents to ensure proper end-to-end quality testing. Additionally, the Lab Technician will drive and ensure the Greensboro RFID Sampling hub on color management, color approvals, and execution of the ink-jet printing technology for newly designed RFID products prior to global deployment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Focus on RFID technology item development. Understand the major levers that drive development, testing and production and implement effective processes.
- Collect complete RFID specification requirements from sales, Market Development Managers, Product Line Managers, Project Manager, and/or Sales to initiate artwork/sample request.
- Ensure timely delivery of RFID Data Approval Test and Data Integrity Test Sheets (Non Thermal Items).
- Coordinate development and testing of RFID solutions with Platform Team.
- Coordinate the efficient flow of production color approvals and color management for ink-jet print platforms.
- Collect samples/reports from global manufacturing sites to confirm approval through visual reference and testing.
- IF Necessary, Coordinate testing with the Miamisburg Product Evaluation Lab (PEL)/RFID New Product Development as required.
- Manage Excel worksheets on available inventory, part numbers. etc.
- Write clear specifications and quality plans for manufacturing.
- Organize and maintain product samples and records.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, mathematical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of printing technologies including: Flexo, Thermal, Offset, Digital, Ink Jet & Color Management.
- Working knowledge of applicable computer systems including: Oracle, WebCenter, Google, Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
- Ability to work well across global boundaries with all levels of management and employees.
- LeanKit experience preferred.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports Avery Dennison Leadership Principles.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, demonstrating persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Excellent communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a tactful and confident manner to internal and external contacts.
- Conscientious; attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.