- Posted: over a month ago
Our firm is a fast-growing remote patient monitoring and virtual care provider that has proven to improve patient outcomes and lower the cost of care. We are a 50-state provider network and have built a best-in-class technology platform to deliver excellent, relationship-driven care for patients with chronic conditions in collaboration with health systems and health plans.
What will the CTO be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well-funded healthcare startup and build out the Engineering function. As a high-impact leadership team member, the CTO will be responsible for creating a world-class development organization, scaling, and leading the engineering team. The CTO will help drive the success of the overall business by collaborating with stakeholders internally and externally to set technical direction. The CTO will have been brought through the ranks as a hands-on Engineer and also have some leadership experience. This role will be both hands-on and strategic.
What Responsibilities Will the CTO Have?
* Establish engineering processes and define our engineering standards
* Identify and implement core technologies, while removing technical hurdles
* Lead architecture discussions during feature development with both internal and external stakeholders (specifically clients) to ensure that projects are built in a sound, reliable, and performant way.
* Work cross-functionally, supporting the successful implementation of core features
* Build solutions for appropriate scalability at speed
* Hire, develop, and lead an A+ engineering team
* Have a perfectionist-like mind, naturally monitoring and fine-tuning systems for performance
* Guide incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts
* Establish a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and big impact, and empowering each team to bring their vision to life
* Provide software and technology research, analysis, and recommendations internally and to our clients
What Experience and Skill Set are we looking for in a CTO?
* 7+ years of hands-on engineering experience, writing and shipping high-quality production code, especially highly reliable and scalable distributed systems, particularly in the HealthTech Space
* Ideally 2+ years of experience recruiting, leading, and mentoring an engineering team
* Engineering experience in a healthcare startup that has grown from under 50 employees to a few hundred employees is ideal
* Experience building healthcare-compliant systems
* Experience with implementations at healthcare organizations
* Experience obtaining HiTRUST certification is a plus
* Experience working with AWS and some DevOps teams is a PLUS
* Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale, advancing architecture, and developing roadmaps
* Possess a continuous improvement mindset to develop a scalable MVP and iterate in a data-driven approach
* Able to execute ideas and influence decision-making in a clear and effective manner
What's in it for the right CTO?
- Great Base Salary of 200-250K per year
- A significant equity stake in the organization
- Building a highly efficient and productive engineering team at a company that makes a difference in people's lives
- Great work/life balance
- The ability to influence the technical direction of a rocketship healthtech organization
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Averity
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?