Averitt is Hiring CDL-A Drivers for Dedicated Routes
Now Hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ Months of Tractor Trailer Experience
Home Weekly - No-Touch - Average $1,000/Week
Regional drivers at Averitt carry freight across 25 states primarily in Southern, Southwest and Midwest lanes with occasional runs to the Northeast, but you never have to sacrifice your right to home time every single week. Our CDL-A Regional drivers also enjoy 100% no-touch freight.
Why are more CDL-A truck drivers turning to Averitt?
- Uniformed company with quality people and a culture built on a proven formula for individual success
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
- Leading transportation provider since 1971
- We love our veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill training program.
Turn here for a quality of life that matches the quality of your work:
- Starting pay .46 cpm
- Average $1,000 per week / $55,000 per year
- Stop, layover, breakdown and detention pay
- Paid orientation
- Company-sponsored per diem program
- Weekly home time - 84% of our drivers are home by noon on Saturday
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $81.70/week for family plans and $32.05/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
- PAID TRAINING! Requires 4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
- We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program.
CDL-A Driver GI Bill Program:
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free,using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
- Must have valid CDL-A and graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility; military driving experience considered)
- Must have previously served in the U.S. military or have a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please call the V.A. at 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
- If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
- You will receive 6 weeks of behind-the-wheel training at $800 per week. During the remaining 46 weeks, you will work with a mentor and leadership for follow-up training and communication.
- Eligible Veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs - not Averitt - usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 6 months within the past 5 years.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years.
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team
If you are interested in working for Averitt Express, Apply Today!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.