We believe each person is a unique individual worthy of respect and dignity. Our mission is to provide a safe environment, medication treatment, and support services while assisting the patient in recovery.
- Employed position with Avera McKennan Hospital
- Market area 60,000 population
- Spencer Hospital - 15 bed inpatient facility,
- Inpatient and Outpatient obligations
- Outpatient clinic integrated within the Family Medicine Clinic
- Call 1:4
- Medical Directorship role
- Spencer Hospital Behavioral Health Site
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Loan assistance available upon signing
Our Multidisciplinary Behavioral Health Team
- A psychiatrist focused on providing treatment specific to your mental illness
- Nurses who specialized in understanding mental illness and the patients? needs and treatment plan
- Triage Nurses who provide crisis assessment in the Emergency Department for patients experiencing acute mental health symptoms.
- Behavioral Health Techs who lead the activities and educational groups on the unit daily
- Social worker who assists with treatment planning, assist patients and families access community resources, and also leads group therapy with patients
- Substance use counselors available on weekdays to complete evaluations and placements when needed
- Occupational Therapists are specially trained to assist with coping skills for stressors in daily living
- Dietitians who assist with nutritional needs and provide an educational group on healthy eating
- Population 11,700
- K-6 elementary schools, 3 public, 1 Catholic, 1 Lutheran
- Public junior high and high school
- 2 acre outdoor Aquatic Center
- YMCA with 2 indoor pools, running track, handball courts, gymnasium and a Nautilus Center. Camp Foster of the YMCAs is located in the Iowa Great Lakes just north.
- 20 miles from the Iowa Great Lakes (Okoboji) which offers boating, skiing, fishing and many other recreational activities. The area is home to over 15 golf courses.
- Spencer has an ?art district? as well as many theater and other cultural opportunities between Spencer and the Iowa Great Lakes
- www.spencer-ia.com and www.spenceriachamber.org
- For more information contact: Mallory Gross, Physician Recruiter at 605-661-6492
- Please send Cvs to Mallory.Gross@avera.org