Seeking: Board eligible or certified psychiatrist to join group of 30 psychiatrists
adult psychiatrists including geriatric and forensic
child & adolescent psychiatrists
4 nurse practitioners and 1 physician assistant
2 social workers
Hospital: Avera Behavioral Health Center, 110-bed inpatient facility opened in 2006
Outpatient clinic and residency program attached to hospital
Inpatient and outpatient opportunities
Teach and supervise medical students, and adult & child psychiatry residents
Research: Avera Institute for Human Behavioral Genetics
Research scientists and genetics lab dedicated to psychiatry
Advanced technological capabilities for genetic research
CyP450 machine for liver enzyme testing
Call: One weeknight every 3 weeks
Weekend call 2 to 4 times per year
Avera is opening an Addiction Care Center to open mid 2019
Treatment at the center will typically be 28 days in length, and is a voluntary program for adults who are seeking help to deal with addiction to alcohol or other substances. The center will provide several levels of residential care following criteria recognized by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM).
- Regional partnership of health professionals who share support services to maintain excellent care
- 300 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
- Includes hospitals, primary care clinics, specialty care clinics, long term care facilities, retirement communities, home medical equipment outlets and research centers
- Over 14,000 employees
- Avera Health has over 2.1 million clinic and hospital visits per year
- Facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.
AVERA MEDICAL GROUP
- Integrated physicians? network of Avera Health; 300 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
- More than 850 professionals providing focused patient care
- Total EMR for longitudinal care
- Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eLTC and eStroke
Sioux Falls, SD has been recognized as one of the most business-friendly communities in the nation, as well as a great place to raise a family. Ranked #3 as Best Places to Practice for physicians by MedScapes
- Sioux Falls, SD has been recognized as one of the most business-friendly communities in the nation, as well as a great place to raise a family.
- The economy is strong with area businesses in health services, financial, technology, communications, manufacturing and agribusiness.
- No State Income Tax
- Recreational activities abound in Sioux Falls, thanks to the city?s system of 64 parks intertwined with the Big Sioux River. Host to professional Developmental League Basketball, NL Baseball and US Hockey League
- Excellent array of educational opportunities for all ages with 24 public elementary schools, four middles schools, 3 public high schools, 16 private school affiliations, 5 universities and a number of business and vocational schools.
- Sioux Falls is a draw area for the arts, entertainment and shopping.
- The community website is: www.siouxfalls.com
- Video about Sioux Falls: Click Here