Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a senior payroll specialist to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Senior Payroll Specialist Role
We’re looking for a talented senior payroll specialist who will be responsible for the auditing, entering, and processing of payroll activities. This includes processing payroll for new hires, terminations, pay or status changes, tax, garnishments, and weekly regular timekeeping. This position is also responsible for explaining and interpreting complex payroll information to associates at all levels and using analytical skills to identify and address potential issues.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Audit and assist with the preparation of bi-weekly payroll to include tax changes, associate deductions, employer contributions, banking information, various pay adjustments, and time clock information.
- Assist with year-end payroll tax activities, including preparation, and verification of W-2 data.
- Process and maintain associate payroll information including new hires, terminations, and status changes.
- Update, audit, and maintain associate tax information.
- Ensure compliance with all garnishment and support orders including federal, state, and local tax withholding.
- Serve as department liaison with the property leadership and corporate teams.
- Resolve both routine and non-routine payroll issues.
- Communicate discrepancies to payroll director or property manager as needed.
- Create ad-hoc reports to assist in audits, vendor verifications, etc.
- Other payroll and human resources duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree in accounting, human resources or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience working with multi-state payroll processing.
- Previous human resources experience is preferred.
- Experience in ExponentHR is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and payroll laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (including Excel functions).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform moderate mathematical and accounting calculations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Normal business hours. But, will require some weekend work to complete the bi-weekly payroll process.
- Exposure to environment typically found in an office building
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States.
We use our multifamily property expertise to serve:
The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets
The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes
The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction
Avenue5 Residential, LLCWho We Are and Who We Serve Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States. We use our multifamily property expertise to serve: The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction