Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a leasing manager to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Leasing Manager Role
We’re looking for a talented leasing manager who will be responsible for overseeing activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins and move-outs, and lease renewals. The leasing manager is also responsible for marketing and interacting directly with prospective and current residents in order to achieve maximum occupancy and ensure resident retention and client satisfaction.
Leasing Manager Responsibilities and Objectives
- Ability to focus on the needs of others by listening, understanding, and showing empathy and respect.
- Conducts training, facilitates regular meetings, and coaches leasing consultants in order to obtain optimal performance.
- Generates and handles traffic, qualifies prospective residents, leases apartments, prepares lease documentation, and completes move-in paperwork and processes.
- Reviews and ensures lease applications have accurate information and payment has been collected before forwarding to property manager for approval.
- Conducts outside marketing and employer outreach and reviews Internet and marketing ads.
- May be required to perform marketing functions, such as identify target market, develop and implement marketing plans, and coordinate, qualify, and update advertisements.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of traffic activity by entering it into the computer.
- Assists with translating phone traffic into scheduled appointments with prospective residents in order to tour the property.
- Provides follow-up with each prospective resident via phone, mail or email.
- Orients prospective and current residents to the property.
- Processes renewal paperwork and ensures paperwork is delivered to current residents on a monthly basis.
- Creates and maintains resident files, including reviewing move-in paperwork with new residents.
- Ensures all open and close procedures are completed daily.
- Ensures model apartments are in touring condition at all times.
- Coordinates move-in/out schedules with maintenance team and inspects apartments prior to resident move-ins, so as to ensure apartments are in move-in condition.
- Assists with processing work orders for residents and ensures they are completed in a timely manner.
- Shops competitors and completes weekly market survey.
- Assists with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current residents and promotes a quality living experience for all.
- May be asked to assist with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
- Promotes positive resident relationships throughout their tenancy by ensuring requests are responded to promptly and accurately.
- Assists with managing resident issues, including neighbor disputes.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Complies with all company policies, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- Minimum of one year of residential leasing and/or management experience is required.
- Prior experience with a revenue management system is required.
- Prior experience in Yardi or another equivalent property management system is required.
- Prior experience with customer reputation management tools is required.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
- Basic level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of management.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly, and accurately.
- Capability to read, write, comprehend, and converse in English.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current auto insurance is required.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily (up 10 miles a day).
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times daily.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.