Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a housekeeper to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Housekeeper Role
We’re looking for a talented housekeeper who will be responsible for the meticulous upkeep of the property models, vacant units and all common interior and exterior areas in addition to other areas of the assigned property assuring that the property is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner. In addition, proactively communicate opportunities for site improvements and/or repairs.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Clean available units and/or model homes and common areas (e.g., pool area, gym, property office) as directed, these responsibilities include (but not limited to) dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping down trim and molding, cleaning glass windows and doors, sweeping exterior patios, trash pickup and removal, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms.
- Follows safety standards when performing tasks.
- Follows manufacturer’s instructions and manufacturer’s recommendations when using chemicals or operating equipment.
- At the end of each shift, cleans and properly stores equipment and supplies.
- Follows proper infection control and universal precautions when performing tasks.
- Other duties as directed by property manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three to six months of housekeeping experience preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.