Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of an assistant maintenance supervisor to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor Role
We’re looking for a talented assistant maintenance supervisor who will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations and physical upkeep of the assigned property, and for ensuring that the property is compliant with Avenue5 policies and standards, in addition to all local, state and federal regulations. In addition, the assistant maintenance supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance to the company risk management program.
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities and Objectives
- Perform various maintenance functions including repairs to the following: electrical, plumbing, appliances, flooring, carpentry, HVAC, grounds maintenance as dictated by state guidelines.
- Perform general carpentry duties such as wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, and ceramic tile repair.
- Perform various proactive preventative maintenance including siding, painting, lighting, sprinkler, pool, golf-cart, elevator and more.
- Maintain work order system by verifying all orders are completed in a timely manner to company standards and the resident’s satisfaction.
- Daily inspection of the property grounds, buildings, and common area amenities to maintain safety and cleanliness standards and to identify issues requiring maintenance, repair or replacement.
- Assist with management of property emergencies, such as snow and other inclement weather emergencies, fires, and floods.
- Promptly communicate with maintenance supervisor and property manager concerning all maintenance issues at the property.
- Observe and promote safety and risk management in accordance with local, federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
- Help monitor response times for emergency on-call/after-hours maintenance assignments, and addresses issues as needed. Participate in on-call rotation as necessary.
- Promote customer satisfaction by maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and curb appeal, and interact courteously and professionally with current and potential residents at all times.
- Foster a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, other properties and associated agencies.
- Conduct pre-move in and post-move out apartment inspections and ensure timely completion of quality unit turns.
- Act as mentor to maintenance team.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times, promoting the same to entire team.
- Responsible for adhering to all components of the company risk management program.
- Complete special projects as assigned by maintenance supervisor and/or property manager.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum two years of experience in the property management industry or directly related field.
- Possess general maintenance and carpentry skills.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current auto insurance is required
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily - up 10 miles a day.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times daily.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to differentiate in sounds.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States.
We use our multifamily property expertise to serve:
The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets
The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes
The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction