Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of an administrative assistant to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Administrative Assistant Role
We’re looking for a talented administrative assistant who will be responsible for all administrative and office support activities. Greets and directs all visitors including suppliers, clients, job candidates and customers. This position performs a variety of administrative tasks including answering telephone calls, word processing, creating spreadsheets and filing. Creates presentations and reports for business reviews. Makes travel, meeting and event arrangements.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities and Objectives
- Works with various internal teams to create PowerPoint presentations as well as Excel spreadsheets and other documents for professional presentations and company use.
- Greets and directs all visitors including suppliers, clients, job candidates and customers. Ensures completion of the paperwork, sign-in and security procedures.
- Manages the lobby area and conference rooms. Ensure coffee and water is stocked and conference rooms are organized and clean.
- Answers incoming calls and directs to the appropriate department.
- Make arrangements for meetings including meals, supplies and other details.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- Three or more years of experience in a professional office environment is required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Experience in property management is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Advanced level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills; expert level certification preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Strong communication skills.
- Typically, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
- Exposure to environment typically found in an office building.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.