Our client, a well-known entertainment and sports business management company in the Greater Los Angeles area, is seeking to hire a Accounting and Finance Manager to join their team. This position will report directly to the CEO and will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the clients. This includes development of financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve client’s assets and reporting accurate financial results.
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter who possesses strong initiative and the ability to complete multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment. He or she needs the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts to solicit support to complete tasks.
Accountable for Planning, Operations, Reporting, Compliance, and Risk Management for the Client and their assets including:
· Assist in formulating future direction and supporting tactical initiatives for the Client.
· Monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic business plans.
· Developing financial and tax strategies.
· Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
· Manage the accounting and business management team.
· Oversee financial operations for the Client’s Companies.
· Manage third parties to which functions have been outsourced (e.g. payroll, banking, etc.).
· Ensure the issuance of financial reporting packages (annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, etc. deliverables).
· Ad hoc finance and accounting projects as needed (financial modeling, production of budgets and forecasts, etc.).
· Review the schedule of all filings and reported information.
· Understand and mitigate key elements of Client’s risk profile.
· Monitor all open legal issues involving the Client and legal issues affecting the industry.
· Ensure appropriate and reliable control systems in place, and that record keeping meets requirements of auditors and government agencies.
· Monitor cash projects and forecasts and arrange for debt and equity financing.
Other general responsibilities include Client Service, Accounting/Finance Operational Services, Employee Development, and Administration:
· Proactive and client-service oriented approach to all matters and relationship building.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Ensure GAAP is being practiced consistently in all responsible areas to ensure the accuracy of the accounting records and related financial statements.
· Ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained, that teams and supervisors are updated on projects, and maintain documentation of status of all assigned tasks.
· Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent field.
· CPA, CFP or CMA and strong academic record strongly preferred.
· 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years in entertainment/music industry strongly preferred.
· Experience in managing several concurrent projects for at least 2 years.
· Experience partnering with an executive team and managing a team of accountants strongly preferred.
· Prior experience within a Business Management Firm working with various clients across entertainment and sports strongly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal communication – communicates naturally and comfortably with employees and clients of all levels.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and QuickBooks.
· Thorough understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
· Participate in company meetings, demonstrated project management and operational evaluation skills showcasing working knowledge of business management services.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team while taking on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
Please submit your resume to be considered.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
We would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of resumes received, only qualified applicants will receive a response.