Overview: This position provides mental health and/or substance abuse treatment counseling services to Avenue 360 clients, which includes but is not limited to individual, group, and/or family counseling services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Communicates with others (internally and externally) to provide, exchange, or verify information, answer questions, and address issues of clients.
- Accomplishes clinical assessments and treatment planning, evaluations to assess need for treatment, establishes treatment goals and selects appropriate treatment techniques, on the basis of problems and needs of clients and families/caregiver(s), which will be most effective.
- Develops specific clinic or program treatment goals such as (1) developing communication patterns with members of other disciplines, and (2) determining priorities for services and the method of services (whether in areas of direct services, consultation, or participant teaching.
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS, substance abuse services and treatment, homeless services, and other community resources.
- Objectivity and self-discipline to avoid emotional involvement in situations that is frequently emotional and high-charged.
- Keeping abreast of new knowledge and techniques related to the practice of mental health therapy and new medical treatment modalities as they might affect the social adjustment or lifestyle of clients via literature, professional settings and staff development activities.
- Provides individual, group and family therapy.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning.
- Provides crisis intervention consultation to all members of the team.
- Participates in the peer-review process for the clinical therapist
- Documents in the medical record according to requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Performs quality management/assurance activities.
- Refer clients to outside sources or agencies that can better address client’s specific needs, when required.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of all clients.
- Submits service activity logs, weekly and monthly schedules, time sheets and mileage to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification and Skills/Abilities Related Requirements:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) within the State of Texas. To remain current.
- Two years experience in the provision of mental health and/or substance abuse treatment services to clients required.
- Must be able to demonstrate assessment skills and knowledge of associated documentation.
- Must meet Standards of Care as prescribed by the respective funding source.
- Positive and compassionate attitude.
- CPR Certification Required
Continuing Education and Training Requirements:
Participates in training required by the funding source or licensure.