Senior Database Administrator
Avenu Siskiyou County, CA
- Expired: July 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The DBA will be responsible for maintaining and administering our customer's computer databases and organization of SQL databases. The primary duties include implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of database infrastructure, SQL scripting, and network software systems, securing the customer workflow, and performing database modifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical management and implementation of Information Technology approved database infrastructure.
- Assist IT Management and Client staff in the development of standard Information Technology policy.
- Review client change or enhancement requests with management.
- Provide guidance and knowledge transfer across coworkers and management relative to on-site support.
- Assist in the development of Service Level Agreements for software.
- Work diligently towards achieving Service Level Agreements for contracted services.
- Develop and document repeatable processes aligned with industry best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or specific certification preferred in related field, preferably with a database administration or programming focus.
- One year hands on experience programming or database administration, or multiple years software engineering experience.
- SQL scripting experience at any capacity would be a major plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot database infrastructure including but not limited to; database administration, SQL scripting, basic software engineering.
- Ability to create accurate an accurate response plan, and documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside the IT organization.
- Able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible to client needs.
Fast paced environment within customer and small team setting. Travel between County buildings is common and expected, with various weather conditions.
- Must be able to be actively working for the majority of the day, this environment is dynamic.
- Will require some lifting (such as UPSes, servers, etc.) but accommodations can be made.
- Will potentially require after hours support depending on staffing availability.
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu's revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.
AddressSiskiyou County, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Avenu