Senior Business Analyst - Pension (Remote)
- Responsible for analyzing customer requirements and the analysis of information/data. Manages projects if required. Provides input to improve overall efficiency and processes.
- The role holder is responsible for leading the effort to understand the business needs and identify how best to meet those needs. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to gather requirements for development and management. The role leads the effort to analyze, validate and document the business and system requirements.
- Key facilitator within the IT organization, acting as a bridge between the business and the IT groups, and is accountable for a technology solution that supports the business request or opportunity and is based on the enterprise architecture. This role partners with the Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Designs, modifies and creates business processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is done through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
- Determines the process and requirements management methodology practices. The role monitors the effort to ensure that the methodology and quality standards are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Multiple business processes, or sub-processes, spanning one or more geographic regions and/or business units.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
- Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Influences policy formation on contribution of specialization to business objectives.
- Influences at level of division internally and influences customer/suppliers and industry at senior management level.
- Decisions impact work of employing organizations, achievement of organizational objectives and financial performance.
- Develops high-level relationships with customers suppliers and industry leaders.
- Can absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to assess and evaluate risk and to understand the implications of new technologies.
- Demonstrates clear leadership skills and the ability to influence and persuade.
- Has a broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of area(s) of specialization.
- Understands and communicates the role and impact of information systems in the employing organization.
- Takes initiative to keep both own and subordinates skills up to date and to maintain awareness of developments in the information systems industry.
- Recognized as an expert in own function
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Primarily domestic scope/accountability; may include some international scope/accountability
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards. Conducts investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements, and specify effective business processes. Organizes their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, organization and equipment. Applies and monitors the use of required modeling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way.
- Co-operates with senior client and IS staff as required, conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies. Maintains technical awareness at a level where alternatives can be analyzed, modeled and classified according to technical feasibility and performance.
Utilizes business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
- Takes responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modeling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions and plays a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
- Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work. Takes responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations.
- Defines, plans and justifies (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists clients/users in defining acceptance tests for automated systems, and takes responsibility for their proper execution.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years pension or benefit related experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years systems analyst experience.
- Exposure to systems / application development.
- Leadership / Management
- University degree or equivalent
- Designation or extensive experience / knowledge of the following:
- Pension plan administration (DB and/or DC) (e.g. PPAC or CEBS course - Pension Plans & Other Retirement Income
- Business Analyst Certification
- Travel will be required
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Enthusiastic and high level of creative energy.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation/presentation and negotiation skills.
- Advanced organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- High integrity and commitment to quality.
- Adaptive to changing situations.
- Deals with ambiguity efficiently and makes sound decisions.
- Demonstrates leadership through: challenging others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model; proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members; generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Takes initiative and seeks responsibility.
- Demonstrates personal accountability / commitment for clients, projects, tasks and responsibilities.
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.
Avenu Insights & AnalyticsGermantown, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.