Sales Operations Director (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Avenu Insights & Analytics, the leading provider in State and Local government solutions, is seeking a full time Director of Sales Operations to support our rapidly growing sales organization. We are a provider of software and technology-enabled services for state and local government agencies. We work directly with city and county management, finance directors, recorders, judges, clerks and many elected and administrative officials.
As we continue to rapidly scale our sales and client success organizations, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven sales operations professional who can help lead us through the next phase of growth by owning productivity, process and execution across sales functions. You are the right person if you are a leader who inspires confidence across the organization, always thinks about how something can be done better, are a highly analytical problem solver, and are someone who focuses on impact and action. The Director of Sales Operations will report to the Chief Operations Officer at our Centreville, VA location.
The Director Sales Ops leads the firm’s support initiative in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales productivity. This includes tasks such as: planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, ownership of sales force automation tools, sales training, sales program implementation, and sales compensation model design and execution.
The Director Sales Ops supports the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization including both new sales and renewals. Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director Sales Ops fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales team’s efficient operation and success.
- Partners with the Executive team, Sales and CSM leadership, Lines of Business and Finance leadership on the definition of revenue strategy and critical strategic and operational initiatives designed to improve and maximize revenue acquisition, retention and growth
- Establishes a Sales Operations function
- Supports the design, implementation, and management of sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
- Ensures high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales and client success teams
- Ensures sales, planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes in place within the company
- Provides support to the sales and client success teams, and counsel to the Senior Vice President Sales and Chief Customer Officer, in implementing sales objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business goals
- Maintains a holistic view of our operations and associated technology, e.g. Salesforce, Sales Enablement, etc.
- Supports cross-functional initiatives that impact sales; partnering with Marketing, Financial Planning & Analysis, Lines of Business and Human Resources
- Responsible for partnering with the SVP Sales and Chief Customer Officer to equitably assign sales quotas and renewal targets, ensuring the company’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels
- Partners with leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales and client success teams by ensuring that a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch
- Drives continuous process improvement across sales and revenue functions
- Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establishes support from key leadership stakeholders
- Works closely with leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales success
- Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with performance management priorities
- Working with Finance, Human Resources and executive leadership, creates, manages and executes sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales strategy, and align with business and sales team objectives
We are looking for an exceptional individual with a diverse background and experiences. One who is inspired by our mission and can lead with our core values. We are seeking a person who is ready to contribute to a fast-paced environment and fits with our hardworking success driven culture. You will be right at home if you can overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, push yourself, your work and the people around you to succeed to the next level.
We expect our Director Sales Ops to:
- Reinforce structure and process for Avenu’s sales team. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to identify modern strategies to set goals and assist the sales force in attaining those goals, all while ensuring our organization maintains revenue growth. While working with Sales and Client Success leadership in setting this vision, you can identify areas where process changes are vital, and work tirelessly to implement them. You have a roll up your sleeves work ethic. You are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid rates of change
- Embrace and drive technology tools: You have a proven ability to be the owner and driver of sales force automation and other technologies to efficiently manage the day to day work. You embrace the imperatives of data quality and process follow through and work tirelessly with sales and client success professionals and leadership to ensure that these are reflected in our systems and culture.
- Serve as a strategic partner: Partnering with the executive team, sales and line of business leadership, you will work internally with our full Avenu team to set, track and hit quota requirements and goals in addition to implementing necessary change thru process. You will establish cohesion across sales, customer success and the lines of business to achieve our strategic goals.
- Be metrics driven: You love Data. You understand how to use a variety of metrics to track the sales team’s quota, pipeline and forecast their results
- On-board, develop and retain talent. One of your significant responsibilities and privileges will be to help Sales and Client Success Leadership to assess new hires and current talent in order to ensure adequate placement of Avenu’s amazing people both in role and territory.
- 7+ years of experience in a Revenue/Sales Operations role, preferably leading a team
- Successful background of scaling revenue and driving accountability
- In depth experience owning, managing and using revenue enablement tools and software, including Salesforce
- Expertise in sales and revenue methodologies and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams as well as make effective and timely decisions
- Ability to work across diverse teams and stakeholders to identify needs and synthesize information to develop a strategic action plan
- Experience leveraging data and metrics to assess current operations and make analytical recommendations for improvement
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically to identify problems and recommend effective plans of action
- Strong communication skills; capable of conveying complex information to a broad audience, including but not limited to preparing executive-level documents and developing presentation materials that can be shared across different levels of the company
- A results and success-oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- An ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner
- An innate drive to innovate and optimize the use of available resources
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.
Avenu Insights & Analytics
BusinessView all jobs at Avenu Insights & Analytics