Location: Remote West (CA, CO, NV, OR, WA)
Exciting opportunity to work with an industry leader who works closely with local officials to help cities, towns, and counties of all sizes gain the untapped revenue and budget insights to achieve more. Solutions include streamlining the process of identifying noncompliance, securing lost revenue, and supporting day-to-day-operations.
Avenu has a need for an experienced Sales professional who can become part of a dynamic sales team. The Sales Executives are responsible for prospecting and identifying new clients and closing new logo deals, as well as selling new solutions to existing clients.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Identify, prospect and close new logo clients
- Develops and maintain relationships with potential clients and strives to close potential sales
- Makes regular sales calls to develop relationships and proactively follows-up on leads
- Schedules sales visits regularly in territory (CA or TX) to meet with potential clients
- Maintains a network of colleagues and customers to obtain prospects
- Negotiates with clients for efficient service delivery at profitable fees
- Drafts client service agreements providing details on scope of services and compensation
- Negotiates with client to execute contracts
- Attend trade shows and conferences as required
- Willingness to travel as required, up to 50%
Key One Year Objectives
- Increase revenue in a sustainable and scalable manner.
- Establish key performance metrics for the Revenue Enhancement business with accountability and results.
- Increase customer retention and expansion.
- Empower business unit’s individual performance and cultivate a shared brand identity.
- Retain and develop key talent; hire as necessary to fill gaps or upgrade skills.
- Develop a disciplined, focused and clearly articulated growth plan.
- Create an employee environment that fosters confidence, engagement and energy that is high across the company.
- Increase sales by improving customer understanding of the company’s portfolio and expanding their footprint within customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong knowledge public finance and extensive experience with/for public agencies in a senior executive capacity.
- Experience in city and/or county government.
- Sales experience and managing complex accounts is preferred.
- Strong familiarity local government operations, California, Nevada, Oregon, Colorado, Washington or Texas experience is preferred.
- Experience with SalesForce.com is highly desirable.
- Seasoned leader who managed in complex business models driving change and transformation with rigor, clear vision, and results-orientation.
- Skilled leader who has high EQ leading diverse stakeholders, as well as working with political leaders within government.
- Demonstrated skill and success with organizational architecture and people management.
- Ability to adjust behavior to new information and changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manages successful teams.
- Effective communicator, who expresses him/herself, clearly to a variety of audiences; is an active listener.
- A strategic manager who is able to assimilate large amounts of complex and diverse information and focus on the core ideas and issues.
- Someone who takes a long-term view and builds a shared core purpose; and influences others to act on the core purpose.
- Knowledge of marketing, selling, and delivery to public sector clients is preferred.