Economic Business Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
The Business Analyst works closely with Client Relations team members, Client Services Executive and Client Success Managers to provide effective, timely, and innovative solutions to support revenue consulting services to local government clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth data analyses and related research using traditional and advanced methods for various research and consulting projects.
- Forecast local government tax revenue with relevance to business trends, market analysis and socio-economic factors.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design workflows and procedures.
- Provide advice and technical assistance to clients and team members.
- Process special requests with urgency from in-house client representatives and/or external clients via email, phone or in-person verbal communication.
- Assist/execute all aspects of the Sales Tax Analysis & Reporting/Clearview production
- Continually update and standardize data sets and resolve anomalies.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations.
- Work with IT department when necessary to resolve problems and implement improvements.
- Demonstrate the principles of good customer service to all customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate compliance with all company policies and/or regulations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or the equivalent amount of related experience required
- Previous experience in business analysis preferred
- Previous experience creating presentations including data research and/or updating previously used templates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical, detail-oriented, extremely flexible, and a keen sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is desired. Proficiency with VBA is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, Python or R is a plus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office setting, at an individual workstation, using telephone and computer
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for most of the day
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a printer/copy machine
- This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office
- The person in this position frequently communicates via telephone
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.
Avenu Insights & Analytics
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Avenu Insights & Analytics