Perform various resident care activities and related non-professional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of residents
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist all resident/clients with a high quality of personal care, including by not limited to; bathing, grooming, shaving, incontinent care, foot care, vital signs,Height and weight checks per policy.
- Make all beds as needed in A.M., turn down as needed in P.M., strip beds once each week or PRN.
- Do all personal laundry on resident’s first scheduled shower day.
- Do all linens per shift (Where applicable).
- Assist residents with meal time. Cut food. Encourage to eat. Feed when needed.
- Utilize on an ongoing basis, all aspects of special programs offered by the community.
- Maintain calm atmosphere at all times.
- Follow through with all assignments on a timely basis in accordance to chain of command when Director of Health Services is not on duty.
- Report of Director of Health Services all unusual behavior of resident (changing of status).
- Check station bulletin board per shift for Special Needs Sheet, and any other pertinent information regarding needs, staff programming, etc.
- Provide activities as planned and/or directed.
- Document resident status as per policy.
- Respond to all call lights and emergencies in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with and enforce as appropriate all facility policies.
The Community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition of employment to practice the exceptional customer service in all interactions with residents, fellow employees, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guest’s fee important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Qualifications/Education Required (Preferred):
- High School diploma preferred
Years of Experience:
- One year of experience working as a C.N.A/PCA/RA, preferred
- One year of experience working in Assisted Living or Health Care, preferred
- Willingness to be available for any/all emergencies regarding the facility
- A basic proficiency in the English language enabling the caregiver to understand and communicate with our Community’s residents is an essential skill.
- Pre-Employment Physical
- 2-step TB
- CPR/1st Aid
- State/FBI Background check
List tools, equipment, machines used on the job:
- Medical equipment for assessment
- Washer/dryer machines
- General office equipment: printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, pager, telephone
Physical activities of the position:
- Lifts up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Carries up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Pushes and pulls up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
- Talks and listens frequently
- Sits 2 hours per day; stands and walks 6 hours per day (combined) – 8 hr. day
Physical requirements of the job:
- Medium work – exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity requirements, including color, depth perception and field of visions:
- Resident Care/Assessment: must be intact including color, depth perception and field of vision.
Avenir Senior Living
Why Work Here?Avenir Senior Living is a family owned and operated company, based in Scottsdale, AZ. We own and manage 10 Senior Dementia Care Communities and 1 Behavioral Hospital. Our company is poised for growth over the next 3-5 years as we expand into Independent and Assisted Living markets. Our vision is to remain a boutique owner operator who leads the way in how we manage and care for seniors.
An opportunity to start a new career, making a difference everyday in the life of our seniors.