Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Do you want to be a part of an organization committed to its people?
Do you want to be a part of a Team that cares and supports you in your growth and success?
Do you want to provide world-class care to your amazing pediatric learners?
Do you want to find a “home” and be a part of a “family”
If you answered YES to the above questions…we want to talk with YOU!
Aveanna Healthcare is the largest pediatric specialty health care organization in the U.S. and WE ARE HIRING!
Here's what you can expect at Aveanna…
- We CARE - About our kiddos, families and each other.
- We SUPPORT - As the largest pediatric specialty organization in the country, we have the resources to support your success in ways other companies simply cannot. We also offer exceptional compensation, benefits and recognition for our amazing team of clinical caregivers.
- We COLLABORATE - Multidisciplinary collaborative Team comprised of: Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Feeding Therapy, AAC Therapy, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Therapy
- We have FUN - We do serious work that changes lives. We also have a lot of fun together along the journey.
Here's what you'll be doing…
- Work under the supervision of a BACB board certified staff member who is responsible for instructional programming and student progress.
- Provide support to clients under the direction of supervisors, such as:
- Correctly implementing the skill acquisition programs as listed in the ABA program book as created by the Behavior Analyst.
- Collecting data and graph results on all skill acquisition programs.
- Assisting in the completion of assessments (e.g., VB-MAPP; ABLLS; curriculum-based; social skills; preference assessments).
- Upkeep of the program book or electronic medical record database; including neatness of all program components and the addition of targets to the skill acquisition programs when previous targets have been mastered. OR
- Update to the data collection via electronic database.
- Implementing all strategies to prevent and respond to the occurrence of maladaptive behavior in addition to facilitating the acquisition of replacement skills (i.e. the components of a behavior support plan).
- Following the recommendations and strategies provided by the behavior analyst
- Modeling/demonstrating behavior analytic teaching strategies (i.e. prompting, shaping, delivery of reinforcement, error correction) for parents and/or school personnel .
- Maintaining professional and informative communication with the behavior analyst, and family members with regard to the successful implementation of the skill acquisition programs and/or the behavior support plan.
- Demonstrating competency in the implementation of prompting hierarchies or other written instructions for skill acquisition programs and inclusive activities.
- Provide behavior management support and implement components of behavior support plans as instructed by supervisors and behavior consultants, including:
- Identifying and implementing prevention and intervention protocols.
- Maintaining integrity of the procedures at all times.
- Collecting accurate data for behavioral incidents.
- Providing accurate information to the behavior analyst.
- Provide clerical/technical support.
- Complete ongoing training requirements for the position, including trainings provided by the school or educational facility.
- Ensure that all interactions with colleagues and students comply with regulatory, professional, ethical and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain current paperwork as required by the position and the assigned case, such as treatment logs, payroll forms and program books and/or electronic files.
Here's what you'll need to work with us
- High school graduation or equivalence.
- Familiarity with Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Experience with interventions to address maladaptive behaviors.
- Licensure: Registered Behavior Technician credential per BACB guidelines OR commitment to obtain credential
- Must be open to working afternoon/evenings
- Reference: Minimum of two professional references that meet the standards of Aveanna Healthcare
- Some experience required
- Some light physical work (physical prompting/assisting, lifting up to 25 lbs, pushing, pulling) may be required when working with students.
- Frequent walking (including stairs) and standing.
- More intense physical interactions may occur in emergency or crisis situations.
Here's how you'll be rewarded…
- First and foremost…Incredible pride in the amazing lives you touch daily!
- A unique connection with a clinical and support Team that genuinely cares about you
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Company-provided tablets for easy access to electronic charting during client visits
- 24 hour -7 days a week Support for direct clinical and scheduling assistance
- Paid Training and Professional Development allowance
- Access to supervision from leadership that's genuinely caring and supportive
- Opportunities to grow professionally (we're a rapidly growing company)
- Appreciation, recognition, collaboration, proactive communication and a spirit of care
Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status*
If the above resonates with you…call us and let's talk. We're not like other companies and we'd love for you to see for yourself what we're all about. We look forward to talking with you soon.
Aveanna is an equal opportunity employer