The Caregiver provides personal care and/or related services in the home. She/he functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the program manager/or appropriate supervisor. The Caregiver receives scheduling direction from the Client Services Coordinator.
- 18 years of age or older required
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED, or 2 years of relevant field experience required
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English consistent with job requirements
- Completion of a training program consistent with state and federal requirement
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation and annual reevaluation
- Preferred completion of one year's employment as a personal care aide, nurse's aide or in another healthcare related field
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with client, client's family, and the personnel of the company.
- Must have available, reliable transportation to and from assignments
- Completion of the agency competency exam and training program
- Completion of all health screenings
- Satisfactory references and background screenings are obtained prior to hire
- Personal Attendant Tasks may include:
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene including bathing, grooming and dressing
- Assists in maintaining a healthy, safe environment
- Assist the client with meals.
- Assists the client with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Provides medication reminders
- Assists therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative processes
- Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Attempts to promote client's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household
- Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidence
- Maintains client/family confidentiality at all times
- Prepares a visit report on the day it is performed and incorporates into the clinical record weekly or as directed
- Reports any change in client's mental or physical condition or in the client's home situation to the company
- Carries out assignment as instructed by the program supervisor and reports to the program supervisor when unavailable to do so
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the client.
- Participates in in-service education as required by company policy and by state and federal regulations
- Notifies the Company of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings which will affect agreed service with the Company
- The Personal Attendant reports directly to the Program Supervisor
- The Personal Attendant receives direction from the Client Services Coordinator regarding the scheduling of assignments.
- Must be able to read 12 point or larger type
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people
- Must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to travel to prospective clients' residences
- Must be able to safely lift, turn and transfer clients weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to carry bundles weighing up to 10 pounds up stairs
Business Sector: Aveanna Healthcare
Job Code: 83471
General Area: Penn Hills, PA