Assessment Nurse/ Intake Coordinator - Home Health
Aveanna Healthcare Brainerd, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Homecare is the future of healthcare! Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year, and through a series of exciting acquisitions we’ve expanded the scope of our business into home health and hospice.
The Assessment Nurse/ Intake Coordinator - Home Health is responsible for the evaluation and coordination of new patient referrals, working in collaboration with Branch Leadership, Liaisons, referral sources, discharge planners, patients/families, and location staff to ensure a seamless transition to agency services.
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for new referral coordination: receiving and coordinating all patient referrals, evaluating the needs from information received, and initial verification of Medicaid coverage while interacting with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and the staff.
- Works independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance. Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties.
- Greets intake callers with a clear professional voice obtaining as much information as possible to assure accuracy in service coordination.
- Responds to callers’ inquiries and communicates accurate and complete information.
- Provides administrative staff with information as requested. Reviews documentation sent by referral source.
- Investigates and takes appropriate actions on client/consumer complaints.
- Assures agency intake processes meet applicable local, state or federal licensing/regulatory requirements in addition to agency policy and procedures.
- Coordinates with agency Team Coordinator to ensuring appropriate staffing coverage for new referrals.
- LPN degree or higher with an active licensure in the state of application
- Oasis and ICD-10 knowledge preferred
- One-year home health / rehabilitation experience preferred
- Strong assessment and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints
HealthcareView all jobs at Aveanna Healthcare