Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking an experienced MRO Specialist that will be responsible for data entry, metrics tracking, and direct inventory management (cycle counts, purchasing, etc.) of the MRO spare parts. The role will work directly with the Maintenance Planner, CMMS Administrator, and Facility team members in support of a 24/7 cGMP manufacturing facility. Accountabile for maintaining MRO Inventory through QAD System and interfacing with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (Blue Mountain) This will include updating the inventory system based on inventory usage, sheets compiled by others, and entering new/modified assets and spare parts. Receiver of MRO Parts into the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Support Source to Pay processes by completing data entry related to purchase orders, receiving and service entry sheets. Work includes daily review of invoice reports (parked, blocked, GRIR) and reviewing/troubleshooting the invoices on these reports to resolution. Keep cycle counts based on Best Practices.
- Process received product in CMMS and stock material for inventory or stage description direct items for work orders.
- Use barcode printers and readers to receive, issue, inventory and store material.
- Create processes and procedures related to job functions.
- Issue materials to PM or CM work orders.
- Ship materials offsite for repairs or testing.
- Track equipment and materials while off site for repairs or testing.
- Provide other Supply Chain Management groups information to catalog new required material for inventory.
- Ensure all facilities are maintained in accordance with cGMP regulations and safety standards, and adequate records and documents are initiated and maintained.
- Conducts cycle counts for inventory accuracy.
- Process purchase requisitions for all MRO requirements.
- Work closely with maintenance and planning department for all material and service requirements.
- Support daily, routine housekeeping operations (to include following all warehouse standards set forth in policies and procedures).
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience. Formal education in related technical or engineering discipline or related military training/experience is desirable.
- At least two years' experience as a Materials Specialist, Warehouse or similar position.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Possess a general understanding of transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, cGMP regulations and associated processes and standards.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to complete multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Current knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental laws, policies and issues.
- Computer skills, including ESS, Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Available to adjust work schedule as required.
- Shift expectations may include a call-out environment, including holidays, weekends and nights.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.