Avcorp Composites Fabrication (ACF) is seeking a Jr Systems Administrator to join the IT team. This is great opportunity for someone early in their career looking for hands on experience and growth. In this role, the Jr Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing IT helpdesk and systems support services to various users experiencing technical problems and IT issues involving business applications, workplace productivity tools, desktop, laptop, telecommunications and network services. This includes providing second line support, problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation and system/application support documentation development.
- Respond to systems, applications, hardware, mobile phones and other client problems by investigating problems and taking corrective actions. Provide both telephone and desk-side second-level support for desktops, laptops, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Based Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10), iOS, telecommunications and suite of Avcorp’s business applications.
- Managing and maintaining critical storage systems, provisioning and controlling storage allocated to systems and users.
- Managing physical servers, virtual machines (local/cloud), storage systems, and network devices, keeping in scope systems secured, up to date, and protected from data loss.
- Configure, install and update desktops, laptops and peripherals based on client service requests, computer evergreen program or as otherwise assigned. Perform desktop application installations, upgrades, and support and maintenance activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications and computing equipment in area of Helpdesk team’s responsibility.
- Provide operating and administration functions including user set up, configuration and management for systems and business applications.
- Liaise with key contacts and IT resources on application and system issues. Communicate effectively with clients and other team members while gathering information to facilitate problem resolution.
- Assist Systems Administration team in support of users with requirements for remote access. Assist in Data Center server backup activities, file and data management and IT disaster recovery operations.
- Monitor and resolve opened tickets in a timely fashion, meeting or exceeding defined service levels while providing quality solutions. Document all actions and solutions within helpdesk tickets and update the technical details within operational procedures as appropriate. Ensure customer satisfaction, including taking ownership of an opened tickets and ensuring incidents are fully resolved.
- Participate in pre-deployment / deployment of projects and provide support, documentation and all readiness documents in preparation for transition to production and hand off to internal support groups.
- Deliver exceptional customer service skills which include the passion to go above and beyond exceeding client expectations
- Undertake any other related duties as assignment
Bachelor's degree in an IT Specialty or Business Administration, Communications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service and Help Desk tiers 1 & 2 environment
- Infrastructure, Business Applications, and Help Desk Technology knowledge
- Operating knowledge of common desktop/laptop hardware and application software, workstation imaging processes, data communication (LAN/WAN), remote access solutions
- Knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp 5.5 or higher, Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, NetApp, and VMware
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Professional certifications in Help Desk Institute Customer Support Specialist (CSS), Help Desk Analyst (HAD), A+ certificate, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of management and employees.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; with excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and stand.
The work environment is typical office work space with frequent visitation into manufacturing areas which includes but is not limited to: hot temperatures, uneven ground, loud noise, moving machinery and non-street legal vehicles, e.g., forklifts, Avcorp offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, while fostering equal opportunity employment.
Why Work Here?Avcorp Composites Fabrication (ACF) is a division of the Avcorp Group of Companies. We build major airframe structures for some of the world’s leading aircraft companies. With over 50 years of experience and approximately 500 skilled employees, ACF offers integrated composite structures to aircraft manufacturers, which require lower-cost, light weight, strong, reliable structures. The Avcorp Group is a Canadian public company traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX.“AVP”).
Awesome GM, Opportunities to take initiative and have hands on experience.