PCB assembly and inspector
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1. Responsibilities: Final inspection of all assemblies built at Avcom. Inspect units for correct components, raised, missing or damaged components, contamination on boards and in coating, damaged tracks, traces and pads on printed circuit boards. Use IPC (latest rev) standards/guidelines to judge the acceptability of circuit boards.
2. Duties: Final inspection using IPC610 guidelines, application of additional coating, check Customer drawing and BOM with assembly, repair of incorrect parts and assembly of boards and cables. Assist in shipping. Log in serial numbers and package units for shipment. Use UPS computer program to send packages. Verify shipment quantities. Access to confidential drawings and bills of materials of customers to help in inspection. Clean out components that have coating in them. Repair return units.
3. Materials/Equipment: Main materials handled on this job are printed circuit boards with components inserted, components and cables. Use of small tools, computer, microscope and small test equipment.
4. Source of Information:
5. Records/Reports: Write inspection log sheets to record serial numbers on assemblies and nonconforming reports to report process errors. Use online tracking.
6. Decisions: On a daily basis determine whether a unit conforms to customer, IPC and Avcom requirements and can be shipped. Decide if there is a process problem and report to production manager and show to assembler to correct problem.
7. Correction of Errors: Errors that need correcting are mostly coating problems and correction or replacement of parts. Work is verified by the production manager.
8. Skills: High school education plus previous job experience. Special skills were developed on the job. Requires ability to solder, repair coating, replace parts and assemble cables and boards. Training would require about 5 months to achieve a good level for inspection. IPC certification optional.
9. Working Conditions: Separate office. Ventilation provided to remove odors while using coating. Work done inside while sitting 90% of the time. Eye/hand coordination necessary along with good vision.
We are a small family owned and operated business that takes care of our customers and employees. We have an extremely low turn over rate, so contact us quickly, because we only have these positions open for a limited time.
Avcom SMT, Inc.
213 E. Broadway Ave.Westerville, OH
Get fresh Assembly Inspector jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.