Product and Applications Specialist
- Expired: February 17, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our mission is to exceed our customers' expectations as their most reliable, innovative, and trusted lab resource. We achieve this by partnering with customers to solve their most pressing day-to-day challenges and always holding ourselves to a higher standard of product quality, exceptional service, and unmatched support.
Avantik is seeking a Product and Applications Specialist to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for providing technical support and troubling shooting advise for our internal employees and our customers. He/she may also assist in product demonstrations when needed and must have a strong understanding of all aspects of Histology, Pathology and Immunohistochemistry laboratories and their workflow.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Answering product questions from staff
- Assisting the product development team with product testing
- Assisting customers with application questions
- Building out product detail specifications for customers and internal users
- Creating alternate product list for all major products
- Assist marketing with content creation and review – define features and benefits for products and services and create histology content for sales and marketing use
- Develop and conduct workshops, educations seminars and product presentations as needed
- Conducting instrument demonstrations as needed
- Attend and participate in local and national trade shows and workshops working directly with prospects and customers as needed
- 5 years of experience as a histology technician and supervisor
- Strong understanding of all areas of the histology process
- Experience with presentations or education (i.e. in services, demos, etc.)
- Comfortable working with employees as well as customers
- This person will be traveling on a regular basis to perform installations and in-services for customers.
- Extensive flying and driving will be required.
- Present to all Avantik staff to educate them about the lab at monthly Lunch & Learn events.
Avantik is an integrated medical products and services company delivering superior quality instruments, reagents, consumables, and service to the anatomic pathology market consisting of hospital, reference, and physician office laboratories in the US. The company is headquartered in Montville Township, NJ.
Avantik’s experienced team and consultative partner approach integrates consumables, service, equipment, and education so that labs focus on what matters most - having everything under control in their laboratory to deliver fast and accurate diagnoses. Avantik offers a full line of consumables and reagents for the histology lab sourced and private label Avantik branded and by distribution of other brands. Avantik has serviced all brands of OEM histology lab equipment for over 40 years and offers best-in-class responsiveness and an industry leading 97% first time fix-rate.
Avantik offers a team orientated, customer service focused environment with competitive compensation, bonus programs, medical (company covers 85% of the cost), dental and vision insurance, 401K (with a match) and more.
Learn more at
Avantik is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AddressPine Brook, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at Avantik
Get fresh Trust Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!