Room Attendant (Part-time to Full-time; 7am-3pm & 3pm-11pm) - Baymont Inn & Suites
Avantic Lodging Enterprises Buffalo, NY
- Posted: 23 days ago
A Housekeeper/Room Attendant is primarily responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guest rooms, hallways, and public areas in the hotel, servicing guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures, stocking cart with room supplies, and replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies while following company standards and safety/security procedures.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
Job Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Thoroughly clean and restock the required number of guest rooms per shift.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
- Remove all trash and dirty linen from guest rooms.
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed.
- Prepare housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
- Clean room with the door closed always unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
- Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hairdryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Follow all procedures as outlined by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Other duties as required.
The following outlines the work environment employees will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
N = Not Anticipated: 0%
O = Occasionally: 1-33% (per shift)
F = Frequently: 34-66% (per shift)
C = Constantly: 67-100% (per shift)
Work Environment of Job
Associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Associate is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
Associate is subject to extreme heat or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees) for periods of more than one hour.
Associate is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Associate is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
Frequency : N
Associate is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Associate is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gasses, or poor ventilation.
Associate is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Associate is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
None: Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as typical office or administrative work).
Physical Requirements of Job
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to rest on one or both knees.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg(s) and spine.
Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, particularly for sustained periods of time (typing/using a mouse).
Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Finger Dexterity/Grasping: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers or guests accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive information through oral communication.
Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Vision: Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurements devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to positions.
This job requires a valid drivers' license and motor vehicle background check.
This job requires a criminal background check.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The associate will also perform other reasonable business duties assigned by the supervisor.
Management reserves the right to change this job description, job responsibilities, duties, and working hours as needs prevail.
If requested in accordance with applicable law, the Company provides reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified associate with a disability to allow him/her to perform essential functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Avantic Lodging Enterprises is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Avantic Lodging Enterprises
TourismView all jobs at Avantic Lodging Enterprises