Hotel Regional Director of Operations (Field-Based)
Avantic Lodging Enterprises Wichita, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) will be field-based and will be charged with the oversight and on-going performance of 13-15 economy hotels in several states.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Regional Director of Operations will demonstrate involvement and hands-on leadership to ensure that revenue is maximized and that expenses are effectively controlled across the region.
The RDO will provide support, guidance and mentoring to the General Managers/Hotel Managers within their assigned properties, and will lend professional expertise to all operating departments to ensure that financial performance is optimized, that quality and service levels are maintained as established by Company and brand standards, and compliance with state and federal laws as well as company policies are upheld.
The RDO will serve as the linchpin for communications with hotel leadership teams, brand representatives, key vendors and the corporate support office. They will establish priorities for each location and will lead or support key operational projects such as budget development and execution of physical plant improvements.
- Provides direction, training, mentoring and leadership to General Managers/Hotel Managers.
- Continuously analyzes operational needs and efficiency for each assigned property.
- Develops, builds support for and implements regional initiatives that align with the Company's strategies and lead to positive business results.
- Monitors the financial performance of assigned properties through on-going review of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Travels frequently to assigned locations to maintain visibility and to foster effective relations with managers and front line staff.
- Conducts internal audits and inspections to ensure quality, operating efficiency, adherence to brand standards and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk to the region by proactively monitoring internal and external threats to all aspects of the business.
- Monitors QA inspection results, comment cards and guest satisfaction scores; Facilitates remedial action for improving service when necessary.
- Collaborates with Vice President of Operations and corporate team in facilitating reporting and flow of information to ownership.
- Ensures acquisition of competitive talent and retention of a high-performing, diverse workforce by partnering in Human Resources initiatives.
- Actively participates in the selection, on-boarding, training, discipline and employee relations processes to ensure consistency, continuous improvement and positive team morale.
- Facilitates cross-regional communication to enhance operations, share best practices and leverage organizational resources.
- Participates in special projects and initiatives as assigned by the Vice President of Operations, to include task force teams, due diligence and market analysis, new property openings and acquisitions.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in hospitality, business or a related field of study, or appropriate combination of education and work experience to ensure on-the-job success.
- A minimum of 5 years' multi-property hotel management experience (1,000+ rooms, $50M+ revenue).
- Significant experience with branded select-service and extended stay properties.
- Recent experience with a major management/development company, vs. single or independent ownership; REIT/Public company management experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of small, rural markets is preferred.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong technical literacy with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications and related programs.
- Exceptional communication skills, in both verbal and written formats; Experience in developing and delivering financial information and presentations to C-level staff.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills in supporting employees to consistently attain personal, departmental and organizational performance goals.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel regionally on a frequent basis and for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to intermittently reach overhead and below the knees.
- Must be able to perform periodic bending, twisting and stooping.
- Must be able to stand and sit for an extended period of time.
- Physical mobility required for moving about the property frequently and in an unassisted manner.
- Physical mobility required for periodically climbing multiple flights of stairs.
- Must be able to effectively perform fast pace or varied pace multi-tasking with sustained and focused mental concentration.
***Please note, this position requires frequent travel, a valid Driver License w/ clean MVR (driving record).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Avantic Lodging Enterprises
BusinessView all jobs at Avantic Lodging Enterprises