Guest Services Agent (Part Time) - Travelodge/Penny's Diner
Guest Service Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guest Service Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Guest Service Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
Job Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Avantic Lodging Enterprises performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
- Follow all Avantic Lodging Enterprises credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all Avantic Lodging Enterprises policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other associates.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management
The following outlines the work environment employees will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
N = Not Anticipated: 0%
O = Occasionally: 1-33% (per shift)
F = Frequently: 34-66% (per shift)
C = Constantly: 67-100% (per shift)
Work Environment of Job
Associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Associate is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
Associate is subject to extreme heat or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees) for periods of more than one hour.
Associate is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Associate is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
Associate is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Associate is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gasses, or poor ventilation.
Associate is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Associate is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
None: Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as typical office or administrative work).
Frequency : C
Physical Requirements of Job
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. Requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to rest on one or both knees.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg(s) and spine.
Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction, particularly for sustained periods of time (typing/using a mouse).
Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Finger Dexterity/Grasping: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers or guests accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive information through oral communication.
Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Vision: Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurements devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to positions.
Amount: up to 10lbs
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The associate will also perform other reasonable business duties assigned by the supervisor.
Management reserves the right to change this job description, job responsibilities, duties, and working hours as needs prevail.
If requested in accordance with applicable law, the Company provides reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified associate with a disability to allow him/her to perform essential functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Avantic Lodging Enterprises is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract.
Avantic Lodging Enterprises
123 Westvaco RdLow Moor, VA
TourismView All Avantic Lodging Enterprises Jobs
Get fresh Guest Services Agent (Part Time) - Travelodge/Penny's Diner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.