Assistant General Manager - Travelodge/Penny's Diner
Avantic Lodging Enterprises Douglas, WY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is in Bill, WY!
As a highly visible member of the property's Leadership Team, the Assistant General Manager (AGM) serves as a key liaison for hotel guests and functions as a right hand to the General Manager, while concurrently supporting Front Office operations and other operating departments such as Housekeeping/Laundry, and Food & Beverage. They will serve as a role model for Avantic Lodging Enterprises's mission, vision and values, and will work in a hands-on capacity to maximize the overall efficiency and profitability of the hotel.
Working in close partnership with other department heads, the AGM is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements, systems and processes related to the hotel's day-to-day operations, and for creating an energized and positive work environment that results in the delivery of exceptional guest service.
- Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities to ensure the successful operation of hotel facilities, services and amenities.
- Establish and review departmental standards, guidelines and objectives.
- Oversee hotel administrative processes such as staffing, training and budgeting/finance to ensure proper planning and organization.
- Support the hotel's sales and business strategies to maximize revenues and profitability.
- Partner with GM to create a positive work environment; Serve as a support resource for front line staff in all departments.
- Conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive exceptional service and guest satisfaction at all points of contact, to include pre-arrival, check-in/check-out, food & beverage, transportation, housekeeping, laundry, banquets, conference services and maintenance.
- Plan, organize and delegate daily operational activities against forecasted business volume.
- Drive effective communication across all departments to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and understanding of objectives and priorities.
- Address and respond to guest comments on travel review sites, comment cards or other mediums.
- Issue supplies and equipment as needed and participate in regular inventories to ensure proper supply levels.
- Intervene, assist and document instances of guest or employee incidents.
- Approve and process vendor invoices, complete bank deposits, audit cash banks and perform other accounting-related functions as necessary.
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel's compliance with the company's safety and security program and ensure adherence to all company and brand policies, practices, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyze and evaluate hotel performance by compiling statistics such as occupancy and labor reports and guest satisfaction index.
- Make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed company objectives and to enhance service and operational efficiency.
- Other tasks, projects and duties when needed, as assigned by the General Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years' previous hotel operations and leadership experience, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional guest service.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling.
- Previous experience in executing against operating budgets, with an established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse organizational functions to accomplish common goals.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with a major hotel brand is a plus (ie: Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, etc.).
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Avantic Lodging Enterprises
RetailView all jobs at Avantic Lodging Enterprises