Are you excited by the prospect of joining an executive team to drive market dominance for a nimble, innovative technology company in a rapidly growing retail sector of a $40 billion Refreshment Services industry? Does our mission, to fundamentally transform the unattended, retail-market experience through innovative use of technology combined with great customer service, resonate with you? If so, we might have the role for you.
Avanti Markets is looking for a strategic, creative and organized Head of Marketing who will devise, implement and lead the marketing initiatives for our growing company and channel partner network.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled marketing strategist, a storyteller, and can drive creativity and enthusiasm in others. They will be an effective collaborator and motivator who understands the impact of marketing in our industry with experience in B2B and B2B2B marketing strategies. They will have a passion for marketing and be able to employ unique marketing techniques.
As the Head of Marketing you hold the ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and will oversee the development, execution and delivery of a fully integrated, marketing strategy for the technology platform plus hardware, our channel partner network, and our local operating company.
Head of Marketing Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement the marketing strategy for Avanti Markets Inc., and Avanti Markets Northwest.
· Develop and implement our digital and social media marketing initiatives
· Coordinate marketing and lead generation campaigns that align with sales activities, using automated tools to track and measure ROI on marketing investments,
· Find innovative ways to connect with target audiences and increase brand awareness across multiple platforms. Support lead generation activities for Avanti Markets, Avanti Markets Northwest, and our network of customers across the country,
· Plan and implement promotional and event marketing campaigns.
· Drive public relations and press releases for the Avanti companies.
· Provide Marketing Agency services to our customer base
General Team Management
· Oversee implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR. Ensuring that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
· Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, ensuring that tactics align with the marketing objectives of the team. Provide mentoring, counseling and active management techniques to ensure objectives are achieved.
· Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
· Work closely with the company’s Sales team, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing appropriate sales tools, materials and presentations, and webinairs,
· Work closely with product management team to define marketing material needs and programs for product and new feature releases.
· Use general market research to keep abreast of trends and competitors’ marketing activities
Head of Marketing Skills and Core Competencies
· Multi-channel expertise – Ability to drive all Marcom activities, including print ads, website and digital communications, social media, content marketing, influencer marketing, marketing collateral development for multiple user types
· Experience in Through Channel marketing to drive success across our channel network
· Data-driven and goal-oriented to track and hone success of campaigns
· Life cycle marketer – Understands the importance of support and communication with our customers (operators) throughout their Avanti Markets journey
· Focused, organized and disciplined approach to managing and prioritizing initiatives
· Follow-through – While always looking ahead to what's next, sees current projects and initiatives all the way through.
· Experience with market positioning against competitors
· Cross-functional expertise, especially with ability to work closely with Sales and Product Management teams
Head of Marketing Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field with 5+ years’ experience in sales, marketing, advertising and brand management
· MBA preferred
· Experience in the Refreshment Services, Vending, or Food Service industry a plus,
· Proficient using Microsoft Suite and various marketing software (Dynamics, Excel, CRM HubSpot)
· Proven dynamic leader and project manager with great communication skills to keep the team moving together.
· Strategic, innovative and creative personality with a strong business acumen and a desire to mentor, teach, guide and develop talent and skills to help with both professional and personal growth
· Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks and to empower the team to be our best